1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

3ghz F Connecters

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Stevies3, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Stevies3

Stevies3 Legend

Jul 22, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Are 3ghz F connecters with the blue tips necessary or are the traditional barrels connecters sufficient for Ditrectv?

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    as a general rule, if you are buying new best to go with the "higher frequency" ones, however if they are pre-existing there is no need to replace them

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    as practically all of them do fine at 3 GHz

4. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    Installation trainer told me the colored ones are 'guaranteed' for whatever frequency, the regular ones aren't, but he's never seen one (other than physical damage or corroded) that didn't work just fine.

Myself, I'm almost always amazed at just how totally rotted the ones are that cause a service call. I'd think I would see one just 'wet' causing a problem, but they are always black and disgusting and the center conductor is gone when I get to them.