1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

3net No Longer Broadcasting

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by wilsonc, Aug 13, 2014.

1. wilsonc

wilsonc Legend

Aug 22, 2006
    According to a slide on ch. 107, as of August 12th, Discovery/Sony/IMAX are no longer broadcasting 3net on any service provider. I know 3D programming never really caught on in huge numbers, but occasionally, 3net had some good content. I Could not find any information anywhere about 3net going away. In fact the 3net website still has a schedule posted going into next week. You would think something would be on the website about it going away.

2. jerseynewyorker

jerseynewyorker New Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Tucson, AZ
    I'm confused because yesterday I scanned the DTV guide 7 days ahead and it showed programming on 107 for every day. Tonight as I was searching for something to watch, I noticed that starting at midnight the guide said "3net is no longer available." Right up until it went off, they were still showing previews of upcoming shows, so it seems to me like the station is still broadcasting. Does anyone have any idea why DTV has removed it?

3. SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot Godfather

Jan 6, 2009
    Most likely cost

4. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    The guide just says '3net is no longer available'.

So from 4 3D channels we're down to just a linear PPV, would be nice if they bought back the on demand channel with the content that the premium movie channels have in their libraries.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

5. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    I wonder if they decided they needed the bandwidth for the new SEC channel and just pulled the plug, or did Sony stop any financial support and Discovery just said it wasn't worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

6. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    www.3net.com still says they're on D* 107.

7. SteveHas

SteveHas Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2007
    That sucks hard, and I in fact plan on doing something I never do and call D* and complain, unless its the providers doing and not D*.
    This was a great channel, and I loved it.

8. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    I sent them an e-mail this morning saying not happy about the removal with no notice. Also asked why they don't provide the 3D movies that the premium channels provide via on demand like cable does.

9. Joe Tylman

Joe Tylman Legend DBSTalk Club

Dec 13, 2012
    3net ceased broadcasting to all providers. If you look on their website there hasn't been an update to any news/blogs/announcements since 2/13. I'm guessing the guide data has been loaded for quite some time by a third party that maintains it. They may choose to take the format to online only or look for a potential suitor however I don't see that very likely.

10. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    3D was just a fad for TV.

11. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    Bummer. There were a few good programs on each month.

1 person likes this.
  12. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    I just got a Samsung Smart tv with 3D a week ago, I watched 3Net for a couple of days before returning the tv for a Non 3D tv. The 3D was ok but not worth the $300 difference in price for the tv.

13. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Bit of a shame. I liked some of the programming on there. The civil war documentary alone was worth the channel. It being in 3D (and very good 3D at that), was just a bonus.

14. gpg

gpg DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Aug 19, 2006
    Long Island
    I'm disappointed that they didn't give us any advance notice. I probably would have recorded some shows to view in the future.

15. HarleyD

HarleyD Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    They're freeing up bandwidth for the upcoming 'Smell-O-Vision' channel, and it's gonna' be big. BIG I tells ya'.

16. raromr

raromr Legend

Jun 24, 2010
    Agree content was lame but did watch. They should provide decent 3d content for free.

17. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    3net is done. Local cable provider dropped them as well.

18. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
  19. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    They should add HD to an existing channel in place of 3net, That's the least they should do besides SEC Network.

20. jamieh1

jamieh1 Hall Of Fame

May 1, 2003
    Im surprised Directv is running a 1080p PPV Preview channel on 125