1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 movies in March, $10 back question?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by FussyBob, Mar 28, 2013.

1. FussyBob

FussyBob Legend

Jan 11, 2009
    It says you need to mail in the coupon to get the $10 bill credit.

Where do you get the coupon?

Bob P.

2. Jacob Braun

Jacob Braun King of Awesome

Oct 5, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    It is automatically mailed to you 8-10 weeks after purchase of the fourth movie in March.

3. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    If they really wanted my business they would just take the $10 of the top. I just don't deal with coupons.

4. FussyBob

FussyBob Legend

Jan 11, 2009
    Thanks!

Bob P.

5. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    I think that's the point. Lots of people will forget or not bother to send in the coupon.

Back when DirecTV was a Hughes subsidiary I got a $5 per month discount as a Hughes retiree. They sent me a stack of coupons and I had to include one every month when I paid the bill to get the discount. Would I have preferred a discount off the top? Of course, but that's not the way the system worked.

6. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    What a concept, they encourage paperless billing and automatic bill-pay, but then require that you mail in a paper coupon in order to redeem a promotion.

No thank you.

7. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    Agreed. As much as they want to move forward with technology, they require an archaic form of movie money redemption. Hopefully this will update soon with everything else. At the very least they could still require you to go online and redeem it.

8. Volatility

Volatility Legend

May 22, 2010
    It is silly how they do that, but the reasoning behind it is they are betting you will forget to mail it back and not do it. It is primitive true, but they still do it because of that reason. DirecTV already knows of course you ordered ppvs totaling 10.00 and qualify for the offer so really they could just automatically give you the credit. But it's all about money. When they have these offers they get more money in than not having the offer as it entices more people to order the PPV. And most those people will forget as people have normal every day lives to attend to. ALOT of companies do this for this reason. Even places like Best Buy do these silly rebate like on something as common as buying a new refrigerator. Or GameStop on video games. They could just take the discount off at the register lol. They know what they are doing ;)

9. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    It's just the irony of requiring (or strongly suggesting lol) that new customers sign up for auto pay and paperless billing then expect them to go through archaic steps to get something as easy as Movie Money. :blackeye:

10. Nighthawk68

Nighthawk68 Godfather

Oct 14, 2004
    Northern...
    8-10 weeks to get the coupon that you have to mail in to get the credit, then how long to get your $10 rebate, another 8 weeks?
    Other than the excessive time to receive your credit, $3.49 (each) movie is a nice deal.

11. Volatility

Volatility Legend

May 22, 2010
    Ha I remember when I first starting working for them several years ago, they offered me a free PPV coupon for activating my employee account. And they expected me to mail in the offer for a credit to be applied in 8 weeks . And I work for them! Lol! I ordered thinking ya can't fool me and I ended up forgetting all about sending in the redemption slip. lol roflcopter
    Hassled by my own people $_$

12. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    Hassled or hustled? :)

13. Volatility

Volatility Legend

May 22, 2010
    Both :-D. just kidding. hustled. thanks for the correction got the words confised with one another

14. sweep49

sweep49 Legend

Jul 15, 2008
    SW GA
    I'm a D fan, but coupons are silly. They just hoping you won't send it in.

15. Mark40930

Mark40930 Mentor

Aug 2, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    I had gotten a similar coupon when getting my employee account back in 2004. But at least I remembered to send mine in :D

16. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    I can Rent 5 Blu rays for $10.
    Why would I watch 4 movies for $20 and I'm sure wait 6-8 weeks for a $10 Credit.

Wow what an offer. LOL!

17. KoRn

KoRn Legend

Oct 21, 2008
    Because I can watch them on same day as release. Netflix and Redbox don't have that. Unless you rent locally. And all the vultures will most likely be ahead of you wanting to watch with in the first day or week. I also don't have to deal with mailing or wasting gas to take them back locally. It is all about convenience. You either pay or you don't. Others will like me. Waiting on the voucher is no big deal to me either. Takes hardly no time to fill in a couple things and send back.