1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4X4 Matrix Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by LoweBoy, Jan 1, 2013.

1. LoweBoy

LoweBoy Legend

Sep 15, 2006
    Has anyone used a Monoprice 4x4 switch and splitter? I was thinking of looking into this for a few receivers and tvs. Not sure how well it works and/or plays with the DTV equipment? I have a HR34 and H25 I would be using with it.

2. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    I have a monoprice 4x2 HDMI matrix switcher, two Vizio HDTVs and two HR22s, a BR player and a DVD recorder with an HDMI output. It all works perfectly. The one I have allows you to select the same input for both outputs, so it functions as a splitter as well as a switch.

3. dewzan

dewzan Cool Member

Nov 7, 2009
    also have 4 X 2 and just put 1 in for my nephew, work great. i would also recommend Redmere hdmi cables, ran 50 foot ultra slim redmere cable to new samsung tv in basement...BEAUTIFUL (BTW...the 4x2 and 4x4 are pretty much identical unless you meant the 4x4 over cat5/6)

4. LoweBoy

LoweBoy Legend

Sep 15, 2006
    I am looking at the one with the cat6 baluns I think that would be easier to drop down the walls.

5. hjones4841

hjones4841 Legend

Aug 18, 2006
    I have this one, which is not Cat 6:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=5312&seq=1&format=2

It works fine but runs very warm. The remote is a "chicklet" style that works, but sure feels cheap. It does not remember last power state - if power is switched or lost it has to be manually powered back up with front panel button or remote. I use it with a Harmony One to automate everything.

Never could get the memory function to work. I have driven 35' Monoprice AWG 24 HDMI cables with no dropouts.

6. bpratt

bpratt Godfather

Nov 24, 2005
    Salt Lake...
    I'm using that exact 4X4 Monoprice switch and it works well except the IR is a little unresponsive. I have all my DVRs in a closet in the basement and use IR repeaters at each of my 4 HDTV locations to control the DVRs and the 4X4 Monoprice switch. I sometimes have to move within 10 to 12 feet of the IR repeater to get the switch to change inputs. All the DVRs in the closet work well from 20 to 25 feet.

Other than that, the switch handles HDCP with no problem and my longest HDMI cable is 60 feet with no problems.