1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

5.1 sound issue on commercials

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Christopher Gould, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    I'm having an odd issue where it seems the center channel is playing on my left surround during commercials. Movies and shows are fine.

Doesn't happen all the time. This commercial break the first two were fine third and fourth were wrong and fifth sixth normal. Never the same pattern.

I believe it happening on history 269 and science 284.

This is on a hr34 with 0x6db.

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    First thing to try is resetting your DVR/

3. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Or FF through the commercials..... :rolling:

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Almost certainly a problem with that channel's digital audio signal.

5. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    Normally I do fast forward but when I have it on just for background noise and the center moves from center to left back and forth it's catches my attention lol

6. Airgetlam

Airgetlam New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    It's not just you. I've been noticing it for the last couple of days on 284 as well. Only on some commercials. Fortunately, the shows are fine. I find it odd, but not worth doing anything about.

7. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    Yeah not a big deal just weird and I wanted to make sure it wasn't on my end.

8. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    I have a similar problem ,but i'm with verizon fios,when watching live or recoded programs on certain commercials i go from full surround sound to QUIET as if the audio is dropped from dolby digital 5.1 to analog 2.0 sound.

9. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    It is doing exactly that.

10. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    I notice more when a commercial is in SD and there's no apparent reason for it not to be in HD. It's one of those, "Well, someone's pretty careless here" as I hit the FF button.

11. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    I have a similar problem ,but i'm with verizon fios,when watching live or recoded programs on certain commercials i go from full surround sound to QUIET as if the audio is dropped from dolby digital 5.1 to analog 2.0 sound.

I believe my receiver still shows 5.1. It's just the center channel moves to left surround and I'd assume left to center because there is not much coming out of the surrounds

12. captaink5217

captaink5217 Legend

Sep 20, 2011
    I've actually noticed this on 284 but I also experience it during some of the programming as well, watching how the universe works was one such program.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app