1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5 LNB dishes not available?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by NYHeel, Jan 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 5, 2007 #1 of 16
    NYHeel

NYHeel Godfather

Aug 21, 2006
    I'm in Northeast New Jersey near New York City and I can't even schedule an installation for the new 5 LNB dish. I bought the Hr20 at Best Buy with a Directv credit and I already have the 3 LNB dish. I have an order with Directv for the new dish from back to December 21st but they can't even schedule an installation. They claim that they don't have the necessary equipment available. Could it really be that they don't have a 5 LNB dish available? I have caleed Directv numerous times since then and each time they say that they can't schedule it. At first Directv was saying that the local installer didn't have the necessary equipment and I would get a call from the local installer and now they are saying it's Directv and I would get a call from Directv. Of course, this time I had the local installer office on the phone with me. Is this really true? Could Directv really not have any satellite dishes available? Or are they just not willing to accomodate me since I already got the DVR and commitment so they are in no rush to schedule me?

2. Jan 5, 2007 #2 of 16
    bobsloop

bobsloop AllStar

Nov 22, 2006
    SolidSignal.com currently has the SlimLine 5 LNB dish in stock so they are available. I ordered my AT9 from SolidSignal and installed it myself and the SlimLine is supposed to be easier than the AT9 from what I understand. I don't know if they wil give you a credit to get it from Solid Signal and then send someone out to install it but you might ask about that.

3. Jan 5, 2007 #3 of 16
    NJHarry

NJHarry Cool Member

Dec 19, 2006
    I'm in Southern NJ and was also told the installation cannot be scheduled at this time. I was given an installation date when I placed the upgrade order and when I didn't hear anything the day before the original date, I called to confirm. The installation team said I would get a call 'sometime in January' to schedule. Nothing more. I never received any call saying they were not coming as originally promised, and it I would not have called, they would have been a 'no show.' I can't get any information from DTV. Only that I will get a call to schedule sometime this month. Are you saying this delay is an equipment availability problem??

4. Jan 5, 2007 #4 of 16
    Tom_S

Tom_S Icon

Apr 9, 2002
    I am in Southern NY and got the same excuse from D*. I purchased the AU9 from SolidSignal and installed it myself. Piece of cake.

5. Jan 6, 2007 #5 of 16
    DawgLink

DawgLink Woof Woof Woof

Nov 5, 2006
    Washington, DC
    I ordered a 5LNB dish and the HR20 2 days ago and they told me they werent sure if they could give me the 5LNB dish but if I didnt, they would upgrade me for free when they did

6. Jan 7, 2007 #6 of 16
    NJHarry

NJHarry Cool Member

Dec 19, 2006
    DTV informed me today that they are in fact out of equipment, and therefore can't schedule my install.

7. Jan 8, 2007 #7 of 16
    NYHeel

NYHeel Godfather

Aug 21, 2006
    This whole situation is really weird. How can Directv be out of equipment in only certain areas of the country?

8. Jan 8, 2007 #8 of 16
    dconfer

dconfer Legend

Nov 18, 2005
    I just had a slimline installed on Dec29. I had the bigger AT9 but there was some problems with it. The installer had alot of the slimline's in his van.

9. Jan 8, 2007 #9 of 16
    hombresoto

hombresoto Legend

Sep 10, 2006
    I can ship you a slimline or at9 if dish availability is a problem for cheaper than solid signal.

10. NJHarry

NJHarry Cool Member

Dec 19, 2006
    It appears that the receivers are in short supply. Here is what the email from DTV said,

"Your installation appointment has not been scheduled because the local office is currently out of the equipment you ordered. Many of our new receivers have been more popular than we expected them to be and, unfortunately, we don’t have enough to meet the demand. As a result, we’ve had to delay installations."

11. hombresoto

hombresoto Legend

Sep 10, 2006
    Sounds like a regional supply problem. Equipment in NH/MA and ME has been abundant despite D*'s claims. I know first hand. I have seen the warehouses CHOCK FULL of H20 and HR20 receivers on a regular basis over the last few months. D* seems to have a problem controlling where their inventory is.
    I have NEVER had a problem getting any HD equipment, and install/upgrade D* 6-7days a week. At one point, I had 30 HR20's in my garage, ready to install.

12. hombresoto

hombresoto Legend

Sep 10, 2006
    BTW: I did not hoard equipment. When I got all those HR20's, it was from a regional warehouse that literally had pallets upon pallets of them. This supply was when they first came out, and I needed that many in stock.

13. pfhague

pfhague Cool Member

Jan 5, 2007
    Had my HR20 DVR and 5 lnb dish installed yesterday. I had to delay install because of the 3 lnb dish was on a tripod and they would not install the Slimline on that. Had to make a new mount that would not move. The installer was hesitant about getting on the roof and putting the dish on what I made.. I ended up helping him and all is good.
    The best part, Free Upgrade

14. zipbags

zipbags Legend

Oct 13, 2005
    I live in CNJ (Monmouth Cty) and just made an install appt a few days ago for 1/18 for a new 5lnb antenna, an H20 and a HR20 dvr. But, I did have an appointment I made in Dec for Jan.3 to install the HR20 that was never kept since they never gave the workorder out. But, this time I got the name of the installer and confirmed the appt with them.

15. NYHeel

NYHeel Godfather

Aug 21, 2006
    It appears that they are back in stock as I just made an installation appointment online for January 18th. I'm just getting the 5 LNB dish installed.

16. j-ventura

j-ventura New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Thanks for the info guys. I had originally requested the HR20 and 5 LNB Dish install on Jan 1 but had an install date of Feb 11. I get my HD set on the 20th and I just went online and moved my install to Jan 24th and requested they bring a slimline antenna in the comment field. Well see if they and equipment show up but at least I'll know earlier.

P.S. I saw someone who stated the got an error on the D* website when the went to reschedule. I did too the other night but it just worked fine now, so try it again.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.