1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

501 search function

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by -, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Does anyone know when the 501 will be getting a search function for the listings guide like the 7200?

2. Guest

From what I have heard, the search function should be implimented by the "super bowl". I guess we will see.

3. Guest

Hope your right cblount, Dish promised us the 7day EPG and just made it in time.....with a 9 day one.:)

I've never seen this feature on a Dishplayer , I wonder if most people find the SEARCH feature helpful?

4. Guest

Yes the Displayer 7100 and 7200 have always had a search function for the guide. Just press the options button on controller and select search. Then a onscreen keyboard will appear. I have the webtv keyboard that has a search shortcut key. So I can type in what every search critia that I am looking for. ie:search by actor, show title.

5. Guest

Anyone hear anything? I thought something by the superbowl...

Searching is not going to be great anyways with a remote as the only input...

6. Guest

Hi Switzma,
    I haven't heard anything, but I've got a gut feeling that they probably won't make their promise date of by the Super Bowl.
    With adding all the locals Jan 1st, and problems that arose from that and we just got a vers.139 upgrade from them.

Never know though :)

7. Guest

I suspect that most of the programming effort recently has gone into the upgrades for ALL of the receivers. Every one of them has been upgraded (or is being upgraded) to look at the 129 satellite in addition to 61.5, 110, 119 and 148.

8. Feb 5, 2002 #8 of 10

As I think we all suspected, the Super Bowl came and went and no search feature. :(

9. Feb 5, 2002 #9 of 10

I figured they meant the 2003 super bowl. So that still gives them almost a year to do it.

10. Guest

want DISH to hit you with a new s/w load RIGHT before the SuperBowl...did you?
    They only missed the 7/9-day guide at Thanksgiving by a couple of days...and I am very glad that I got to WATCH the SuperBowl, instead of resetting my PVR during the game.
    Be patient...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.