1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

510 Software Update

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by Dax, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Dax

Dax AllStar

May 15, 2004
    Kentucky
    This week I was surprised to see that for the first time in years, there is an update available for my 510 DVR. Can anyone tell me what it's supposed to update?

2. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Problably things on the backend and nothing you will notice.

3. shadough

shadough Icon

Dec 31, 2006
    what is the firmware version? I still have p407

4. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    P4.90

5. Dax

Dax AllStar

May 15, 2004
    Kentucky
    Yes 4.90, and it's already causing problems like picture glitches, frozen screens and reboots.. At least I'm assuming it's due to the update because it was fine before.

And even worse, apparently an old problem has returned. A few years ago, I had to stop using the "record new only" option on my timers because several times all the events on the Daily Schedule would disappear even though the timers were still set in the Timers List. I had to delete all timers and recreate them in order to populate the Daily Schedule. It would be fine for a week or so and then happen again. After doing this several times, I switched to "weekly" instead of "new" and the problem never happened again - until now. I spent almost an hour tonight putting back all the timers. I hope this doesn't mean I have to set manual timers for everything now. Thanks a lot, Dish.