1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

522 color replay problems

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by RobertaK, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobertaK

RobertaK New Member

Sep 7, 2006
    I'm hoping for some help. I love being able to record shows but when I go to play them from the DVR they don't want to play in color. I must go through the motions several times before a recording will play in color. Any ideas?

2. kf4omc

kf4omc Godfather

Apr 11, 2006
    Does it do it on both tv1 and tv2? Also have you tried using a diffrent output? (ie. Use RCA insted of coax).

3. RobertaK

RobertaK New Member

Sep 7, 2006
    It only does it on tv1, tv2 color is fine on replay. Have not changed anything, it was working before.

4. DishSubLA

DishSubLA Legend

Apr 9, 2006
    This may sound a little too simple, but check your S-Video connection (or composite/RCA cable) from the 522 to your TV. It may feel secure, but it may not be all the way into the socket. An S-video connection without all pins in contact will often result in a black and white picture. Also, examine the S-video plug to assure all pins present. If any are missing, replace the cable. If you are not using S-video, then I guess I am out of ideas. Good luck, Mr. Phelps.

5. RobertaK

RobertaK New Member

Sep 7, 2006
    I checked and redid all connections. Still same problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.