1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

522 Connection ?

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by ND_Sean, Apr 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ND_Sean

ND_Sean New Member

Apr 25, 2005
    I currently have a Dish 500 connected to a 508 and 510 Receiver. I would like to upgrade the 510 to the 522 or 721 in order to get two tuners. My problem is I only have one wire feed from the wall to the receiver. I understand you need two wires from the wall in order to take advantage of the two tuner feature of the 522/721. Could someone tell me how and if it is possible to split the wire from the wall to the 522/721?

2. JonBlack

JonBlack Legend

Feb 24, 2005
    Yes, it is possible. In order to split the wire from the wall to use in a 2-tuner receiver you need a DPP Seperator. In order to use the DPP Seperator you need all components (receivers and switch) to be Dish Pro Plus compliant.

3. KingLoop

KingLoop Custom User Title DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 3, 2005
    Also you will need either a DP+ Twin or a DP Twin with a DP+44. The DP+ and a separator essentially make your 1 line 2, for the sake of running to a DP+ compatable Dual tuner receiver. However the 721 will not work with a DP+ LNBF. For 2 receivers though just get a DP+ Twin and a 522... You do spend $5 more a month but you save on the switch.

4. sunspot

sunspot Cool Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Is the DP+ something new? I am currantly using a 721 with DP to one receiver. I can't remember if it is a twin or dual LNB. Both lines go to my 721.

5. Mike500

Mike500 Hall Of Fame

May 10, 2002
    Yes, the DP+ is new. The twin has a built in switch for a DishPro lnb for a wing satellite. The DP+44 allows for four satellite positions. The DP separator allows one line to be bifurcated to go into receivers that need two satellite feeds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.