1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

522 full hard drive error message

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by dlt, Dec 1, 2008.

1. dlt

dlt Legend

Feb 21, 2007
    I have 2 522 dvr's. twice this week, both 522 start flashing that the hard drive is full, then it stops ercording what ever program it is recording. The messages slowly starts to appear, flashin very fast then it just appears and stops recording. Both my 522's have done this several times in the past week. The only wierd thing is, that both have at least 65 hours left of unused hard drive space. I dont have too much saved on either. It says to start deleting programs to make space. This does not make sense. Could it be a software flaw?? Anyone else having this problem before I put a call into DISH. My one dvr is 3 years old, the other I just got a month ago when it replaced my 721.

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Have you tried a hard reset of the receivers.

3. frodob9

frodob9 Cool Member

Sep 5, 2008
    My 522 has done the exact same thing twice in the last week. I haven't tried a reset or anyting yet, I will try that when I get home tonight.

4. dlt

dlt Legend

Feb 21, 2007
    i will try the same and repost thanks

5. frodob9

frodob9 Cool Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Reboot didn't help mine. I did a cord pull reboot Monday evening and last night the error message popped up again.

6. farmdog

farmdog Cool Member

Jan 24, 2004
    Just had a chat with dish csr. This is a known issue on thier end. Nothing wrong with our dvrs. Suggested powering down overnight and told me that should fix it. Not sure I believe him, but I will give it a try.