1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6.3e, upon reboot, machine won't respond to commands

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by newsposter, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newsposter

newsposter Hall Of Fame

Nov 12, 2003
    Just started watching kitchen nightmares that was recorded OTA Wednesday. 10 min in, pic froze, went grey, then nothing. I pulled the plug. Upon reboot, the red light went on like it was recording, but when i pressed list, it didnt respond even after 5 minutes.

REbooted again. pressed live to switch tuners and it did do it and the red light came on to record the show. But then i pressed list and nothing after 5 minutes.

hate to reboot yet again. Anyone have any ideas? Front of box won't work either

2. newsposter

newsposter Hall Of Fame

Nov 12, 2003
    this is totally nuts...insane even. I hadnt mentioned it before, but while it was rebooted the 1st 2 times, the directv opening screen was pink lettering, the D was teal, and outside was greenish but not GSOD green.

I unplugged the tv just to ensure a good hdmi handshake (had the issue last week). That didnt make it work. No response from any buttons on the front but the light did flash.

Oh forgot to mention, during all this, when it rebooted it DID appear that things were recording, red light was on, and i can confirm all that was supposed to record did record.

anywho...I tried rebooting yet again...noticed the opening DTV screen looked normal, and sure enough, everything works fine now.

So whatever made the directv opening screen mess up with its colors is what made this not respond to any commands.

so you tivo geeks, what would the wrong colors appearing on a screen have to do with the unit not responding at all?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.