1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

60-in WD-60C9 Home Theater / DLP HDTV from Mitsubishi

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by scoops, Jul 16, 2010.

1. scoops

scoops Cool Member

Jul 10, 2010
    I got one of these tv's from dell website all the reviews were great about the tv itself I was wondering if anybody here has one and could tell me how the picture going to look on directv hd and sd channels.

2. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    Amazon reviews for it are quite good.

3. scoops

scoops Cool Member

Jul 10, 2010
    I have read lots of reviews on it just wondering to see if anybody had one
    I am suppose to have it at my house today I will reply back to this thread to let you all knows how it looks

4. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    Cool. Let me know how it would look at angles. If I got one I'd have to put it in a corner, with living room seating along each wall. So angles would be at or >45 degrees.

5. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Mine looks great after you calibrate it.

6. scoops

scoops Cool Member

Jul 10, 2010
    finally got all the wires ie vcr,sound system,wii hooked up right
    picture is amazing

what you mean calibrate it?

7. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    Can you please describe how the picture quality changes if you are viewing it at say a 45 degree angle, or even greater angle? Start by looking at it head on at say 8'ft back, then move slowly to those extreme angles. Any changes in quality? At what angle does it start to get worse?

8. gitarzan

gitarzan Godfather

Dec 31, 2005
    I got mine in December when Dell had it for $799, free shipping plus 20% Bing cash back. I just use one of the preprogrammed picture settings and it is great. I still like DLP over most of the other technologies.

The hour glass that pops up for a half second though when I want to change the volume annoys me for some reason.

Also, TV is 3D ready.

9. itzme

itzme Hall Of Fame

Jan 17, 2008
    Those of you who have a 60-in WD-60C9....

1) I'd love to know more about viewing angles, can you estimate at what angle the picture starts to darken or blur?

2) Are you using the 3D? How much does it cost for 3D kit? What does the kit include? Is it compatible with the DirecTV 3D channels?

Thanks!

10. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    The 3D adapter kit costs around $100. The full 3D kit which also includes glasses, and a demo disc costs around $400.

I don't have a kit yet, so can't comment on 3d on D*

As far as viewing angles, I don't notice any drop off when I go from side to side. The drop off in quality happens when I move up or down.

So, if Im sitting on my couch the picture is great. If I stand up, the picture drops off just slightly. It's when I lay down on the floor and look up at the display that the drop off in PQ is most noticeable.