1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

612 dvr schedule shows it will record 4 shows @ 9pm tonight

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by beandaddy, Jul 12, 2011.

1. beandaddy

beandaddy Mentor

Oct 11, 2007
    I'd noticed some shows weren't recording. Particularly last Tuesday. So this morning I went to make sure they would record tonight and it had 4 shows would record at 9 tonight. I double checked my priorities then manually skipped the ones that would rebroadcast later.
    Anyone else have this happen? Any idea what's causing it?

2. beandaddy

beandaddy Mentor

Oct 11, 2007
    I'd noticed some shows weren't recording. Particularly last Tuesday. So this Tues morning I went to make sure they would record tonight and it had 4 shows would record at 9 pm. I double checked my priorities then manually skipped the ones that would rebroadcast later. Anyone else have this happen? Any idea what's causing it? This coming Tuesday looks ok now.

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    What receiver and what channels?

IF you have a 722K and OTA tuner... then it could legitimately record 2 SAT and 2 OTA channels at the same time... so this could be a perfectly legitimate thing to see depending on what kinds of timers you have.

4. MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 6, 2011
    http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=194844

I'm assuming it's the 612 he was talking about (last thread had no replies).

I haven't had anyone else report this problem. If it does happen again, pictures would be very beneficial

5. fudpucker

fudpucker Godfather

Jul 23, 2007
    NW Iowa
    I've had that happen on occasion. I have no idea why it occurs. I also don't know what would happen if I let it try (I always fix it when I see it.)

6. fudpucker

fudpucker Godfather

Jul 23, 2007
    NW Iowa
    I replied in the other thread - I've had it happen on my 612 several times. Never seen it happen on my 722k

7. MattG@DISH Network

Jan 6, 2011
    My 612 at home has never had the problem (that I know of). I'll set up some timers tonight to see if I can force it to happen

8. fudpucker

fudpucker Godfather

Jul 23, 2007
    NW Iowa
    Matt, I've never been able to force it to happen, or reproduce it. A customer service nightmare, right? ;) Just every once in a while I'll be checking what's set to record, and I'll have 3 or 4 scheduled recordings all showing that they will be recording at the same time. It is always shows that are on my schedule, and usually it would just pick the highest two priorities.

I'll take a pick if that would help, next time it occurs.

9. MattG@DISH Network

Jan 6, 2011
    A picture would be helpful, especially of the daily schedule where it shows that all are going to record at once

10. beandaddy

beandaddy Mentor

Oct 11, 2007
    In my case it did the worst thing. Recorded shows that would repeat in three hours and skipped the one time shows.
    I will double check my schedule from now on.
    Boy, this menu has stuff buried in there deep.

11. MattG@DISH Network

Jan 6, 2011
    If you press DVR 3 times, it takes you to the daily schedule, where it shows any timer that has been set to record, and also gives reasons why the events were skipped.

12. beandaddy

beandaddy Mentor

Oct 11, 2007
    Thanks. Shortcut for prioritizing?

13. MattG@DISH Network

Jan 6, 2011
    DVR 3 times (daily schedule)-Timers- set priority

14. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I've never seen this on my 622, 722, or 922. I've seen other weird things sometimes... but never the schedule saying it is going to record more possible things than it can.

Doesn't mean I don't believe it could happen though... I just haven't seen that particular glitch.

15. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Threads merged, and in the appropriate forum, so everyone knows what receiver is being discussed.

16. beandaddy

beandaddy Mentor

Oct 11, 2007
    Thanks

17. beandaddy

beandaddy Mentor

Oct 11, 2007
    This is on the 612. If I knew what caused it I could work around it. But I suspect it was a glitch since it was happening with 4 particular shows. I suspect a change in priorities has clarified the issue.
    I'm replacing the 612 next week, rather dish is with a 722.

18. beandaddy

beandaddy Mentor

Oct 11, 2007
    Doing it for three shows at 9pm tonight. I took a photo this time if I find a way to u/l it I will

19. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    It can be reproduced.

Set two timers for the same time. (Sat)

Now set a third timer (Sat) when it asks how to handle the conflict, do not pick either choice, don't pick enter, instead pick "Cancel" on the remote to back out. Most times that will result in three shows at the same time on my 612.

20. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    On my 722 receiver, I have seen this happen as tampa8 has stated. I will go back in and remove a timer I can record later.