1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

612 External Hard Drive on Hopper

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by SeaBeagle, Sep 6, 2013.

1. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
    I bit the Hopper bug and have an installation for the Hopper tomorrow. Question.....Will my Hopper read what has been recorded on my 612? I an copying all my recordings from the 612 internal hard drive to my external hard drive.

I plan on purchasing my Hopper when I get my tax refund back next February.

2. TheGrove

TheGrove AllStar

Jan 9, 2007
    It should, but I only have experience with a 622 which it read without any problems.

3. hasbeen29650

hasbeen29650 Cool Member

Mar 25, 2012
    It worked fine for me when I upgraded from a 612 to a. Hopper

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    There was an old wive's tale at one time warning against moving programs from a conventional ViP series DVR to a Hopper. Is that still the case?

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    yes, but vary rare ... to proof or disproof it, TS and you must spend own time to search and read relevant threads here

6. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
    I am uploading my recorded shows from 612s External hard drive to Hoppers internal hard drive. So far so good. Maybe that idea of this not working is the older hoppers before the sling adapter was added internally. So I am thinking the newer models this will. be ok on. I do. It see a way to play videos directly off the external hard drive.