1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

612 for 2 TV's

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by bbeanpin, May 30, 2008.

1. bbeanpin

bbeanpin Cool Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Can I run 2 TV's of a 612? I know that both TV's would see the same channel I don't really care about that. I want to use 2 612's, one in a bedroom one in the living room, but want HD access from both 612's in both rooms. I found a place for cheap HDMI and Component cables of the right length I would feed the close TV by HDMI and the TV in the other room by Component. Also can you now hook 612's to your broadband internent connection? (I don't have a land line and don't want the fee) And are the 612 remotes IR or UHF?

Thank and sorry for rambling on.

2. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    Both the HDMI and Component outputs are hot.
    Remote is both, IR/UHF. It's the Pro 6.3. It comes set default to UHF. If your question is regarding getting a second remote, you can get either a 6.3 IR/UHF or a 5.3 IR.

3. bbeanpin

bbeanpin Cool Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Thanks, that is what I thought but the CSR couldn't put my mind at ease. Just wanted some thoughts from the true CSR's here.

4. slick1ru2

slick1ru2 New Member

May 30, 2008
    You may want to do some research on the 621 and the HDMI output. I have read on another forum that when using the HDMI output it locks up a few times a day and has to be rebooted. I have had one about 2 weeks and am hooked up via the components. I have not tried the HDMI, but I may since I want a sound bar and the ones I am looking at have HDMI in. Dish has acknowledged the problem, allegedly, to those complaining and the engineers are supposed to be working on it. I don't know if its been fixed or not.

5. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    :welcome_s slick1ru2!

6. bbeanpin

bbeanpin Cool Member

Feb 17, 2006
    If there may be a problem with the HDMI on a 612 then the next question would be are all the out puts on the 622/722 active at the same time? If the 622/722 are in single mode then they could be hooked up the same way as mentioned above and get PIP right?

7. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Yes.
    Yes.