1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

622 and dvr "reminder".....

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by buzzcut, Oct 23, 2008.

1. buzzcut

buzzcut AllStar

Dec 12, 2006
    ok, i have had my 622 for just a little over a year now. i have never tried using the "reminder" function until the other night. my question is, just what is this suppose to do?

i set it up to remind me when this one program was to begin---the "2 minute ticker" showed on the screen, but, that was the end of it. when the ticker ran out, nothing else happened. the tv just remained on the program i was watching. am i correct in assuming that the dvr should have automatically changed the tv to the channel i had set for the reminder? btw, it did show up in the "schedule", so, i am assuming it was set correctly.

just curious.

2. EXTACAMO

EXTACAMO Godfather

Apr 6, 2007
    Reminder is just that, a reminder. It won't change to anything unless you tell it to. You would want the auto tune option. Hope that clears things up for you.

3. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    Yep, set an auto-tune type timer if you want the channel changed to the program.

4. buzzcut

buzzcut AllStar

Dec 12, 2006
    ohhhhhhhhh, okay.

just seemed kinda odd that's all you get----a "2minute ticker" in the corner of the screen.

5. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Out of curiosity, what were you expecting?

6. chainblu

chainblu Legend

May 14, 2006
    Maybe he wants the receiver to call his phone and say "Hey buzz, the Waltons are on in 5 minutes, you better get your butt over here!" :lol:

7. buzzcut

buzzcut AllStar

Dec 12, 2006
    SHAZAM!!!

that's kinda scary! you read my mind.

hahaha

in all seriousness, with all the available programming (dates, channels, etc.) nowadays, just having a "2minute ticker" on the screen may not help much. you know, for some of us that are beginning to suffer from "senior moments".

understood, at first i thought it would switch channels, but, that question was answered---need to set it to autotune.

maybe they could have the channel number and/or name of programming you wanted to be reminded of. you then could decide if you really wanted to switch over to that program or not.

8. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    Also if you have the tuner set for single viewing (can't remember the official jargon) the channel won't change as long as the other tuner isn't in use already recording something. If it is busy then the tuner you are using changes to the channel that is going to be recorded.

9. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    I actually never had used this feature.. My expectation given the name would be a pop up telling me information about the reminder instead of the count down. It would be nice if it also included the count down in the reminder.

10. frodob9

frodob9 Cool Member

Sep 5, 2008
    When the reminder feature is used, all you have to do is press Select on your remote while the count down timer is flashing. This will give a pop up with details of the progam and the option to switch to it or cancel.

11. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Sweet.. Nice top frodob9 and welcome to DBSTalk.

12. renpar61

renpar61 Legend

Aug 5, 2006
    I have plenty of "senior moments" myself, but I'm happy to learn new things everyday!
    That is actually a cool feature I was not aware of. Thanks frodob9.