1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

622 can't tune in to OTA

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by festivus, Sep 21, 2010.

1. festivus

festivus Legend

Nov 9, 2008
    Saw this issue just tonight. I noticed that I missed an OTA recording. Tried to tune to that channel and other OTA's and got the message signal lost. Did a rescan and found all usual OTA channels. Again tried to tune to any OTA and got the signal lost message.

I have an antenna in my attic and split the signal at the TV. One split goes to 622, other split to TV. TV tunes in OTA's without any issue. 622 scans them, shows them in guide, but can't tune to them. Very strange...

Update: Did a check switch and it fixed the issue. Only missed one show...

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I've never seen that on a 622... but on my 922 (and I assume its possible with a 722K since they share the add-on OTA module) I had a problem a couple of times where the receiver did not detect the module installed, and a system reset cured things.

I've never had a problem like this on my 622 or 722... I recommend keeping a watch on it in case it is indicative of a soon-to-fail OTA tuner.

3. dclaryjr

dclaryjr Godfather

Mar 10, 2007
    My 622 refuses to show one local OTA even though my TV picks it up with no problem.

4. festivus

festivus Legend

Nov 9, 2008
    My second 622 had the exact same issue and I fixed it the exact same way. Too much of a coincidence to think that both could have some type of hardware failure at the same time.

Maybe a recent software upgrade hosed the OTA tuning? Something to watch.