1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

622 Long lead times?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by ixian, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ixian

ixian Cool Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Just ordered new service from Dish yesterday and when I got my welcome email it gave me an install date of 5/17 - a month out.

When I called to inquire I was told the reason for the delay was the long lead time to get the 622 in stock. I was also told it would ship directly to me, and if I got it earlier I could call and try to schedule an earlier installation date.

Has this happened to anyone else, and has the receiver arrived well in advance of the install date, i.e. Dish is hedging it's dates?

2. tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Hall Of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    Their was a post about a truck overturning with the VIP622 on board thus leading to dish not having alot on hand

3. mwgiii

mwgiii Gaming Guru and Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
    They are out for 3 or 4 weeks.

4. ShockerEngr

ShockerEngr New Member

Apr 18, 2006
    I ordered new service 4/16 and got an install date of 5/10.

5. DoyleS

DoyleS Icon

Oct 21, 2002
    El Dorado...
    The receivers typically arrive about 10-14 days in advance of your install. I was in the initial group. Ordered on Feb 1, install scheduled for Feb 28, received the receiver on Feb 16. I was unable to get an improved install date even though I had the receiver. It was installed on 2/28 and has been working great since then.

..Doyle

6. wimcolgate

wimcolgate Mentor

Mar 29, 2004
    I ordered the 622 through the 921 swap-out program, I received the 622 almost immediately; but the install is supposed to happen 5/2. I ordered 4/1. The 622 arrived about 7 days later via UPS ground -- which tells me it pretty much shipped the day I ordered it.

I called the hot-line to see if they could speed up the install -- and they said they could not help me.... I could do it myself ... but heck, I already paid for the install, I'll just sit back and wait.

Wim

7. Dan Michael

Dan Michael New Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I ordered mine on April 1st, using the 921 rebate offer. I was given an April 10th install date. The receiver did not arrive before that date, so I rescheduled for the 22nd. I called today to try to get a tracking number, and was told that due to shortages, I would have to be rescheduled. I was set up for the 18th of May, nearly 7 weeks after my initial order. I was also told that receivers would be shipped as they became available, and that if mine arrived early, I could reschedule the install. Possibly, since this will be my second 622, I have been relocated to the "end of the line". I understand the concept of underestimating market demand. However, I wish that I would have been made aware of the problem from the beginning. I suspect that someone within the organization has known for weeks the severity of their problem. Regardless tho, I am happy with the 622 that I have, and am anxiously awaiting a replacement for my 921.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.