1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

622 "Lost satellite signal" anomaly

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Michael P, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    This weekend I was watching the "Reels" channel (one I never watched before this Saturday) when the lost satellite signal error message popped up. I hit the EPG button and the channel reappeared in the little window in the EPG.

Just for fun I tried to rewind the program, thinking that I'd see a glitch at the point where the signal was lost and guess what? No glitch! The entire program was unaffected in the live buffer!?! I know I did not miss anything because the error message first popped on when they said something like "back to the movie". When I rewound the program I heard that comment and saw a seamless transition to the point where the film left off before the commercial break. This same error message popped up at least two more times, each time I was able to rewind back to the point where I supposedly "lost signal" and watch everything I would have missed still in the buffer.

I'm sorry, I don't have my S/W version available to post at this time. I do know my LNB drift is -6 for both 119 & 110 (in case that has any bearing on this problem). BTW: in the diagnostics where it lists my receivers "health stats" it only shows readings for the 4 sample transponders on 119 & 110 and all 0's for 129 (since I don't have 129 but I do have 61.5 which that list ignores). Has anyone else seen this anomaly?

2. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    I just checked the L618 "bugs" thread and someone posted an experience similar to mine. Apparently making a recording while watching has something to do with the anomaly. Thee was a recording going on the 2nd tuner (I'm in single mode) when I experienced the anomaly watching the 1st tuner live.