1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

622 OTA recording wrong program!!! Help

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by rick6668, Oct 30, 2007.

1. rick6668

rick6668 Cool Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Last nights scheduled recordings were:

Heroes 9:00-10:00 channel 10-1 NBC
    Journeyman 10:00-11:00 channel 10-1 NBC

So I get back from a run last night, do a few things and decide to watch Heroes. It is now after 11:00 and both recordings have finished.

The recordings showed I recorded Heroes on 10-1 from 9-10. The recording is actually another OTA program that was showing on 21-1 (PBS). The program info on the recording says Heroes, but it wasn't Heroes.
    The Journeyman recording from 10-11 is perfectly fine and recorded the correct channel.

This is the third time this has happened. Once before with Heroes and once with The Office (The Office 10-1 actually recorded FOX 31-1)

I actually went and deleted ALL my timers about a month back and re-did them hoping this would correct the problem.

I was out of town last weekend and the scheduled recordings for Heroes and Journeyman both worked perfectly.

Also, I remeber the problems I was having with The Office. I started to watch when it was 15 minutes into the recording. It was the MLB playoffs on Fox. When I stopped watching the recording and changed the channel to 10-1 NBC, the heading said The Office, but the TV was showing MLB on FOX. I couldn't even watch The Office on 10-1 (OTA). When I tuned to 10-0 (SD feed from dish, The Office was on). I then stopped the recording and when I tuned backed to 10-1, it was now showing The Office and everything was working correctly.

What is going on???? Ideas.

Man this is frustrating, looks like it is recording Heroes but records something else.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. bobukcat

bobukcat Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2005
    Wow, weird stuff - can you tell us what s/w version your 622 is running?

3. rick6668

rick6668 Cool Member

Oct 30, 2007
    I'll check when I get home.

Maybe this has to do with my CBS going in and out. It was available all summer (08-01) but this fall it dropped out. antennaweb shows I probably shouldn't get it here.

Would that channel dropping in and out cause the DVR to record the wrong OTA channel?

4. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    :welcome_s Rick

The Office one is explainable. If MLB game overran, then you would see this because the guide does not dynamically update and if you get run over that is exactly what you will get.

Was the MLB game on the other days you saw this? Are you sure it was a PBS program? If so what does Info indicate. This is odd.. very odd.

5. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Heroes is on NBC. MLB is on Fox.

6. Ron Barry

Dec 10, 2002
    Oh yeah... I should have picked up on that.. And Office is also not on Fox. Ok Nevermind.. that is strange.. Have to rethink that one.. ;)

7. kpaustin

kpaustin AllStar

Jul 18, 2007
    I had the same happen on a TWC Scientific Atlanta 8x00 box. I set it to record SpeedTV Formula 1, and it would record MTV2 every time! It would even swap to MTV2 if I was watching SpeedTV and hit the record button. Tech said maybe somehow the channel frequency got crossed up. Got a new box and it never happened again. Really weird.

8. rick6668

rick6668 Cool Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Running Software Version L445

9. rick6668

rick6668 Cool Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Could an update have caused my CBS local to drop off as well? All my locals were fine this summer.

10. MQuinn

MQuinn Cool Member

Apr 18, 2005
    I had the same thing happen last night - it was supposed to be recording the history channel, but it recorded OTA channel 2 instead.

very, very wierd - it started another recording, and was recording the wrong channel as well - I pulled the plug, and then it picked up the rest of the recording on the correct channel......

11. darkstarchuck

darkstarchuck Cool Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Had this happen sunday during Nascar race (007-01). About 2 hrs time shift, got the warning of another program scheduled to start recording, SHOHD, checked ok, then saw that the nascar was going to end, paused, went to guide, selected the next show on the channel for nascar, hit rec. once only, then went back to watching. Long story short, DVR listed 2nd 2 hr "nascar" chan 007-01 recording is the showtime hd show. Don't know where I'm @ with version #, I'll post that info when I get home today.

12. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    This is borderline bizarre.

13. Ron Barry

Dec 10, 2002
    If you guys are able to reproduce it, please provide the steps. This one will be hard to track down and sure smells like a bug to me.

14. rick6668

rick6668 Cool Member

Oct 30, 2007
    The last 2 weeks, Heroes was on the scheduled timer for New Episodes. One week it recorded fine, the next, it did not.

Maybe it has to do with recording while watching? I could try some things, set up timers and see. Really weird.

15. rick6668

rick6668 Cool Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Happened again last night.

Supposed to record Heroes on 010-01 (NBC) and Recorded 021-01 (PBS)
    Luckily I checked in the first 5 minutes and saw it was recording wrong. I can't even tune to 010-01. When I try to tune to 010-01, it says Heroes in the heading but the show is from 021-01.

I stopped the recording, changed the channel to somethign else, changed back to 010-01 and now Heroes was really showing. I then recorded the remaining 54 minutes and this recorded fine.

Timer was also set to record Journeyman immediately following Heroes and this worked perfectly fine.

What the heck!!! This is so frustrating. I had to go back and watch the first 5 minutes on nbc.com today.

16. Ron Barry

Dec 10, 2002
    Hmm interesting... Can you go back in your DVR schedule and look at the events that fired. Does any of them show PBS or does it show NBC but in reality you are getting PBS.

How many Timer events do you have (Look at the DVR Schedule)?
    How many Scheduled Timers do you have?

It feels like somehow your NBS is being mapped to your PBS.. This one is very strange. Do you watch PBS? If not, What you might want to do as a test is removed it and see if the problem shifts to another channel.

17. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    It sounds like it could be more of a receiver issue than a pure timer issue. If the receiver thought it was on the right channel but it was actually on another channel, that would explain why the wrong program is recorded. The question is why the receiver is confused about what channel it is on.

18. rick6668

rick6668 Cool Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Update!

Wife was just watching TV, typed in 180 for ABC Family, Tv displayed 180 ABC Family and the show was listed as Family Matters, but the actual program was ABC 013. Nothing was recording at the time.

She then turned the channel to something else and then turned it back and it now displayed the correct show on 180 ABC Family.

Strange... strange.. strange

19. rick6668

rick6668 Cool Member

Oct 30, 2007
    This happened twice again yesterday. Type in the channel # and info says correct channel and show but program displayed is from another channel.

Weird stuff. No one else is having issues like this?

20. rick6668

rick6668 Cool Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Just wanted to update the thread and say that Dish sent me a thumb drive to capture the logs from my 622. Sent it back and I'm aiting for an update.

Also, this has happened on at leats a dozen more occasions in which just tuning to a channel and a different channel is displayed. Change again and then back and it is now fine.

Hope they can fix this soon. It's gotten to the point where I have to check all my recordings just after they start (i.e. Watch them from recordings at the beginning to be sure it records the correct channel). I can't just check the recordings because it lists the correct show and channel even if something else is actually recorded.