1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

622 takes long time to switch to HD channel

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Mr.72, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.72

Mr.72 Icon

Feb 2, 2007
    I just got the 622 installed today. I just had about 5 minutes to spend with it before having to head back into the office. I could not get TNTHD or A&E HD to tune in (black screen) within like 20+ seconds and Discovery HD took a long time but finally came in. I guessed A&E and TNT would have come in eventually. Is this normal? Maybe just a "first time tuning" thing? Or not?

???

and yes I did a search and could not find this info.

2. lujan

lujan Hall Of Fame

Feb 10, 2004
    I'm thinking that it's just a first time tuning thing because the 622 is very fast at tuning to stations (even faster than my TVs built-in digital tuner).

3. DP1

DP1 Godfather

Sep 15, 2002
    Nah, not normal. If I surf through all the HD channels they come right in. Now if I suddenly tune to like CNN or something it might take a second.

But in no case is it ever a deal where it makes me wonder whats going on.

Check it out a lil more when you get home and see what happens.

4. wje

wje Godfather

Mar 8, 2006
    New England
    Also, check your signal strengths. If you have a marginal signal, but not so bad that the tuner can't actually lock, you might see delays. I used to see this on my HR10-250 for marginal OTA signals.

5. Mr.72

Mr.72 Icon

Feb 2, 2007
    yeah it is a dish aiming problem. one transponder on 129 has zero signal strength, others only low 40s. they are coming back out tomorrow to fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.