1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

622 upgrade to Hopper ??

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by audiomaster, May 22, 2013.

1. audiomaster

audiomaster DBSTalk Club Member

Jun 24, 2004
    I am making the leap from 622 to a Hopper/Joey;
    1. I need to offload programs from the 622 internal to external drive. Will a 2 Tera drive work with both the 622 and Hopper for this?
    2. Is there a way to copy my timers to the hard drive for reload to the Hopper system?
    3. What is best hard drive for AV use?
    Thanks

2. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=11pt]Congratulations to joining the Hopper family! If the EHD has its own power supply and it supports USB 2.0 and will need to have only a single hard disk drive to transfer recordings to the Hopper. As of right now there is not a way to transfer the timers in the DISH receiver to the Hopper. They will need to be put in manually. To determine the best hard drive for AV use will depend on what you’re looking for. [/SIZE]

3. audiomaster

audiomaster DBSTalk Club Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Looking for a 2 tb drive that will allow playback without restoring to internal drive. My Maxtor One Touch 4, 750gig will not play back smoothly, have to transfer to internal drive first.
    Maybe Western Digital WD-AV-GP??

4. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011