1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

622 Video Setup Question

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by msalvail, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msalvail

msalvail Legend

Sep 19, 2003
    Hi Y'all! Hope someone can help. For the record, I am not a newbie to this forum AND I have searched the archives. :)

I have 2 622s, but got one a few weeks after the other and it's the problem. When they came to install the 2nd one, our TV was in the shop so we hooked it up with component cables to a small older TV. Well, tonight I tried to hook an LCD HD tv back up and the picture keeps going in and out, in and out. This is not the repaired TV but a brand new one.

First I connected is using HDMI and that's when this problem started. Remembering all the posts on here about the HDMI soldering problem, I pulled that cable out and then tried S Video. Finally, I tried the component cables the DISH installer left here, the very heavy ones with the RBG hookups. The video is STILL doing this.

The audio is fine...I am running optical audio from the 622 to my audio receiver.

Software version is 4.03

Any suggestions before I call E* and have them send out a replacement receiver?

Thanks!!

2. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    Mary,
    Did you check the resolution output? The factory default is set to 480i, which would have worked fine with your older CRT.
    Menu >6 >8 needs to be set to 720p or 1080i for HD resolution.

3. msalvail

msalvail Legend

Sep 19, 2003
    Yes, I tried both of those settings and still had the same problem. I also tried to do an HDMI reset but it didn't look like it did anything. I wonder if it's the TV since it has the problem no matter what component connection I use. It will stay on for about 15 seconds then go out for about 3 or 4, over and over and over.

4. epaul

epaul Cool Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Does it do the cutting out when you use a different device, like a dvd player ?

5. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    Mary,
    I figured you had already checked that. I know I find I sometimes miss the most obvious things.

Do you have another TV that is easy to get to, and connect to the 622 in question? Or move your LCD to the 622 you know is working?

6. msalvail

msalvail Legend

Sep 19, 2003
    I have *D for Extra Innings but hadn't hooked that up yet. Did that and it's still cutting out. So, unless I have some cables terribly crossed, it's the TV. Thanks for the input. I am going to go exchange it and see how things go then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.