1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

625 - How do I not get interrupted when new show starts recording?

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by klmay65, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klmay65

klmay65 Cool Member

Apr 11, 2006
    When playing back a previously recorded show, I get interrupted if/when a new show starts to record. Is there a way to just have the new recording start in the background and let me keep watching my show?

2. LtMunst

LtMunst Hall Of Fame

Aug 24, 2005
    That is odd. The only time this should happen is if you have an auto-tune timer set.

3. kmcnamara

kmcnamara Icon

Jan 30, 2004
    I've never observed that behavior either.

4. klmay65

klmay65 Cool Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I just double checked with my wife, and she confirmed. If her or the kids were watching a recorded show, and a new recording started, the recorded show would stop and they would be watching the show that had just started recording. They would have to go back to the list of recorded shows and press RESUME, so get back to where they were.

5. LtMunst

LtMunst Hall Of Fame

Aug 24, 2005
    That is definitely not how 625's normally work. I would call tech support.

6. klmay65

klmay65 Cool Member

Apr 11, 2006
    OK...
    I knew there was something up, and it wasn't with my DVR. I questioned everyone in the house about this problem, and I discovered that they were NOT watching recorded shows when the switch took place. They were, in fact, only watching LIVE TV when the switch happened. This, of course, is quite normal (and even mandatory) behavior.

Thanks anyway for the feedback, and for being civil with the responses. I have seen posts by some people that have gotten less than respectfull replies and you people have been great about this one.

Thanks again for the feedback.

7. DishSubLA

DishSubLA Legend

Apr 9, 2006
    If you are watching a live program delayed, then, when prompted by the countdown timer, press the record button and record the remainder of the show. If it is scheduaed to end when the next timer is to fire, then you can watch the remainder of the live show uninterrupted as the timer fires in the background. This will only work if the live show ends at the same time as the record timer is set to fire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.