1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

625 recording and swapping between single and dual mode

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by kmcnamara, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmcnamara

kmcnamara Icon

Jan 30, 2004
    There have been discussions here about preventing phantom timer conflicts by setting all recordings on the same TV. Does switching between single and dual cause conflict problems? I have a 625 coming this week and I have a feeling that we'll have it in single mode the majority of the time but would like to switch to dual when we want to watch 2 different programs. Is this usage likely to cause timer problems? Thanks!

2. JohnL

JohnL Icon

Apr 1, 2002
    KM,

If you setup up the record plus to record to TV2 then the receiver will always record to Satellite tuner that is not being used in single mode, or TV2's satellite tuner in Dual Mode.

John

3. kmcnamara

kmcnamara Icon

Jan 30, 2004
    OK, that's probably how I'll set it up. Just wanted to make sure the switching between modes wouldn't cause some weird timer conflicts.

4. LtMunst

LtMunst Hall Of Fame

Aug 24, 2005
    In Single mode, the timers will fire perfectly. In Dual mode, you may, in some cases, lose the ability to have two timers fire at the same time.

5. helmet

helmet New Member

Feb 26, 2006
    Which receiver to record on is one of my biggest issues with the 625. I want to be able to set something to record and immediately select which receiver records in dual-mode, but it always wants to record to TV2. So if I'm watching TV2 and 7:59 PM and want to record a show that starts at 8 PM, when I set up the recording, it will be on TV2 and I get kicked off the show I was watching.

Why can't I select which receiver to record to. This is even more frustrating because if you set up a recording for a show that's already in progress, you CAN select the receiver.

So at 7:59 if I'm in the guide and hit the record button to set up a recording for a show beginning at 8 PM, I can not pick the receiver. If I wait one more minute and do the same thing, I can select the receiver. Anybody know any tricks around this?

6. JohnL

JohnL Icon

Apr 1, 2002
    Helmet,

If you wish to change which Tuner the receiver records to by default then you need to change that option. Pull up the Main Menu, then select Preferences, then select Record Plus, you can change which tuner the receiver records to by default, or you can turn it off then the receiver will record on the tuner the program was selected to record from.

This option can be changed at any time, but the changes will only be active on the events that were selected to record AFTER the Record Plus option is changed.

John

7. helmet

helmet New Member

Feb 26, 2006
    Thanks. I've noticed that. What I really want to do is select the receiver to use for recording on a case by case basis. I would really like it if it was one of the features available when the recording is being created. It's a hassle to change it through Record Plus, and I've noticed that for recurring recordings it also changes the receivers used for those recordings as well. I may be on TV1 and want to record something on TV2 then later the other way around.

The really odd thing is, like I said. If the show has already started, you are allowed to select where it records. But if it hasn't started, you're not. Odd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.