1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

721 on the NFL Network at kickoff tonight...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by pbg, Aug 9, 2013.

1. pbg

pbg Godfather

Oct 11, 2007
    I went to a 721 on the NFL Network this evening at 8:00 pacific - I called, on hold for 35 minutes - then told it was a 'known' issue - I'm a little suprised I didn't see a post here yet?

Makes me wonder if everyone, or only certian folks are having trouble....

Anyone got the Seahawks game on the NFL in the clear this evening?

thanks,
    pbg

2. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    just checked on and it's on here

3. pbg

pbg Godfather

Oct 11, 2007
    I'm looking at some of the 'Tweets' on the DirecTV page - Seems like it could confined to the Seattle DMA? I understand its a new season, and time for getting some of the kinks out, but after an 1.5 hours you'd think they could figure it out.... apparently not - doh!
    pbg

4. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    Seattle is getting the game on KCPQ 13.

5. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    It was in Southern California as well. I called and they told me it was on a local channel so it was blacked out on NFLN. They could have stated it was a blackout on the screen instead of a 721 contact Directv message. 30 minutes on the phone to find that out. It was the Oakland vs San Diego game.

6. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    I had that error on CSN Mid Atlantic for the Redskins/Titans game. The game was probably on one of your locals. Although, withouth SD SV locals, I wouldn't have had the game because none of the stations in my DMA were showing it. I bet it has something to do with the Preseason package they've been advertising. It's a shame that the package isn't part of ST.

The 721 error (with sports, at least) is usually when you're trying to watch a game that is part of one of the big sports packages.

7. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    Yeah I was watching the NFL network with no issues they were jumping around game to game, then said they'd go to SD for the conclusion of the SD/SEA game. It was on for a couple of minutes then got the 721 msg. I figured it had to do with the game being on KFMB 8