1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

721 w DP LNBF & Separator

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by hdtv4me, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hdtv4me

hdtv4me Cool Member

May 10, 2005
    Well I think I know the answer to this based on some searching of previous threads, but just to verify: can I use a DishPro Dual-LNBF Plus with a single run to a DP separator to feed the two tuners on the 721? Something tells me that I still cannot and the firmware is in the usual E*-land-of-promised-upgrades-ether

2. mudder1310

mudder1310 AllStar

May 15, 2005
    Nope. You can only use the separator with a Dishpro plus lnb or 44 switch to run both tuners.

3. hdtv4me

hdtv4me Cool Member

May 10, 2005
    Thanks. So I could run two cables from the DishPro Plus to a 44 switch, then a single cable to the 721 with a separator to feed both tuners?

4. kzosat

kzosat Legend

Aug 22, 2004
    He said he has a DPP LNBF, just worded out of order.

Edit: Ahh, HDTV4ME responded when I did. I would say to double check to make sure you have DPP LNBF and then if NOT get a DPP44 switch.

5. rlegan

rlegan Cool Member

Dec 31, 2004
    DPP TWINS 2 coaxes to DPP44 switch to 1 coax, 1 power inserter, separator to 721 does. work. I switched to that mode this last week end. 1 little quirk. their will be red flags in the switch matrix for transponders after running check switch. Just ignore them.

When exiting Check switch you will be told that you have not run a successful check switch. Do you really want to exit? - Answer this YES.
    All channels available on 110 and 119 will be available plus the extended programming guide. Immediately after the check switch, I only say the 119 channels so I powered off (not reset) and let it set for 15 minutes. I heard quite a bit of disk activity while it was off and when I turned it back on, all channels and the extended programming guide were available.

6. larrystotler

larrystotler Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 6, 2004
    http://dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=41971

L175 of the 721 does NOT work with the DP+Twin and the DP+Seperator. It barely works with the DP+Twin and 2 wires. I did not try adding the wing slot, but I could if there is a request.

If you run the DP+Twin into another switch like the DP34 or the DP+44, it works like a DP Twin.

7. hdtv4me

hdtv4me Cool Member

May 10, 2005
    I guess I should mention that I only need to see 110 & 119. Does that change things? That sucks that 1.75 does not work....not surprising though. Hence my departure long ago to DirecTivos and DirecTV.

8. kzosat

kzosat Legend

Aug 22, 2004
    I would recommend just getting a DPP44, eliminate the possible problems. I know my 721 works fine with a DPP44 and a seperator.

9. hdtv4me

hdtv4me Cool Member

May 10, 2005
    OK, so can the 44 be mounted outdoors? And then the single run to the DP separator can be the one with the power injector? Can a DP34 be used (they are a lot cheaper it seems)?

10. KingLoop

KingLoop Custom User Title DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 3, 2005
    You can use a DP34 with a DP LNBF, or you can use a DP+44. You can't use a DP+LNBF with a DP34 if you want to use single run RG6 and a DP+ separator.... Like Larry said the 721 won't work with single run from a DP+Twin.

Best suggestion, post what receivers you have, what LNBFs you have, and what you are trying to accomplish. Someone will tell the easiest and least expensive way to GITTER DONE.

11. hdtv4me

hdtv4me Cool Member

May 10, 2005
    I am giving my old 721 to a friend. They have a 5000 currently and a dish 300 single lnb. We want to replace his 5000 with the 721. I bought a dp pro + to use with my old dish500 dish and a separator. I wanted to use the single coax rg6 run already in place. Sounds like I need sw44.

12. KingLoop

KingLoop Custom User Title DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 3, 2005
    No, not a SW44 a DP+44...that will let you use a single run according to some DP+44 and 721 users.

13. hdtv4me

hdtv4me Cool Member

May 10, 2005
    Ahh yes, caught that before I bought one on EBay for $65. DP+44

Sucks though....the damn software should work with it just as it does for the 921 IMO. But I suspect you guys all know that already. Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.