1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

722 Audio Dropouts

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by ryan8886, Nov 12, 2011.

1. ryan8886

ryan8886 Mentor

Sep 19, 2006
    I have a 722..couple years old. I run audio through an HK AVR 330 via optical. I'm suffering intermittent but persistant audio dropouts....maybe 2-3 times an hour for just a second. This is an ongoing issue for quite some time. Any ideas? It occurs on both live mode and DVR. Also occurs if I back up live stream a few seconds an play again. also happens when i play back via my external HD. Appreciate any ides.

2. ryan8886

ryan8886 Mentor

Sep 19, 2006
    156 looks an no one even has an idea?? :eek2: I'm not on this board a lot anymore...so have I missed something? i did a quick search beofre making the post and didn't find much in the way of answers....has this been hit in another thread or does no one really have an ideas??

3. Steve H

Steve H Icon

May 15, 2006
    I had a 722 installed about a week ago. Same problem plus I'm getting a lot of pixelation (sp?). I checked all of the connections in the back of the receiver and found that ALL of them were not tight (DISH installer). After tightening them the audio dropouts have stopped but the video is still pixelating.

4. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    What are your signal levels?

Perhaps the dish needs to be peaked.

5. Steve H

Steve H Icon

May 15, 2006

70+