1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

722 doesn't like two hours of American Idol

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by jcord51, Feb 11, 2009.

1. jcord51

jcord51 Legend

Feb 1, 2003
    My wife was really pissed that, she has a recurring timer for American Idol, this weeks' two hour show was only recorded for the first hour. The guide states two hours on the schedule and the PVR statues box reads recorded successfully for an hour and five minutes. Anyone knows what's up:nono2:

2. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    I am recording AI on the west coast and it indicates 8-10pm. I will report back if it records the fully two hours. Press DVR 3 times. Find the recording and see if it indicates why it stopped.

3. ZBoomer

ZBoomer Icon

Feb 21, 2008
    Mine recorded full two hours, no problem. Maybe the guide info for your local FOX affiliate is messed up?

Check the record history, someone might have accidentally stopped it? :scratch:

4. grog

grog Godfather

Jul 2, 2007
    My VIP622 has not skipped one American Idol.
    Just finished watching the recording of the 2 hour show. :)

5. Ron Barry

Dec 10, 2002
    Same here.. caught the full 2 hours.

6. clyde sauls

clyde sauls Legend

Nov 16, 2007
    might be able to find it online.

7. nostalgiaguru

nostalgiaguru AllStar

Aug 12, 2008
    Are you sure you didn't accidentally set up manual timer rather than a recurring timer?

8. TheChef

TheChef Cool Member

Oct 2, 2008
    That was my first thought. Sounded like a manual timer with the record 5 min after option set. The only other possibility was the incorrect epg info. Otherwise, there is no reason it would record the show correctly but stop at normal timing instead of the extra hour.

9. kejebe

kejebe AllStar

Jan 13, 2009
    I actually sat down tonight to watch Wednesdays American Idol and the same thing happened to my recording. It shows as 2hrs on the DVR but after the first hour I got a message saying that the signal was lost or something like that and it just stopped. I couldn't advance forward or jump ahead. It just stopped after the first hour. I even tried starting over and FF'ing. Once it reached the 1hr mark it stops with the same error message. Haven't had this problem in the past hope it doesn't start to happen on a regular basis.

10. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    A timer conflict, perhaps?

11. Ron Barry

Dec 10, 2002
    Since it recorded for an 1hr and 5 minutes I don't think it was a timer conflict. Timer Conflicts do not stop shows. Also the report about the 2 hours with signal loss I suspect is different and would suggesting taking a look at your signal strength for FOX's transponder. My guess would be you have a borderline signal. Either that or some external factor caused the signal loss.

12. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    You sure about that, Ron? :confused: [not an argument ... an honest question.]

13. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    It sounds like he's pretty sure, as am I.

14. jcord51

jcord51 Legend

Feb 1, 2003
    Let me write about what I see upon verifying the timer for American Idol due to record on tuner number two on Feb 17 at 8pm to 10pm. The guide clearly displays that that block of time is set to record with no conflicts. I then hit select and get the Daily Schedule screen for Tuesday, Feb 17 where the first entry is timer 2, 8pm Amer Idol. So far so good...Now I'm in the timer event screen, where displayed is Amer Idol 8pm to 9pm on 005-00 WNYW set for DVR 2. Now this is wrong, and vindicates my wife, since she said that she checked the timer, but clearly you guys know that this timer will only record for the hour, as per the Timer Event Screen, and you would only know this if you confirmed your timer! To correct the mystery, I deleted the original timer and recreated the timer set for New Episodes and created a timer for Over The Air via antenna. Rechecked my guide and all passed verification. It now should work. Imagine being a CSR and trying to explain this to Mom or Pop!!

15. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    Obee Kbee.

16. tommiet

tommiet Godfather

Dec 28, 2005
    If you fiind out what stopped your DVR from recording American Idol, please pass it on so I can set my 722 to do the same!:D

17. Ron Barry

Dec 10, 2002
    Yep... Once a show starts recording it has the tuner unless the user stops the recording. I am sure as one can be.

18. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    Thanks, Ron. Unfortunately I don't have any of my past problems with timer conflicts documented. But, I'm pretty sure I've seen interrupted recordings due to timer interactions.

At any rate, no big deal ... I'll document the next event. With all the recent software changes, one can't be sure of anything. What used to function one way back then, may not have the same functionality under the current software version.

Thanks, again.

19. jcord51

jcord51 Legend

Feb 1, 2003
    :) well tonight's the night. Got fingers crossed:grin:

20. Ron Barry

Dec 10, 2002
    So jcord51, are you saying you think that your timer last week was related to a glitch in the program guide for your locals? Did you set your timer up with default padding? if so... Then I have to wonder why you got 1hr 5min instead of 1hr 4min.