1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

722 external hard drive problems

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Tiny, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Tiny

Tiny Mentor

Feb 1, 2009
    My 722 has a WD 1TB external storage and has worked fine but now when I try to access its content that has been stored on it ,my 722 and hard drive goes into a slow non responsive mode, I Have to do constant reboots every time when I use the external HD ,it freezes and slows down and causes my 722 to to give error code like my receiver is not in the right area to view this channel or some of the codes r 32-12-45 . I,ve disconnected my external HD and transferred all my recordings back to my 722 now my 722 is working normal again so my question is my WD HD 1TB going bad?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    you could answer to the question by connecting it to PC, download WD test utility from WD site and run it

if you are more technically inclined - run MHDD from bootable CD or Victoria under Windows; get SMART before and after Scan+Remap