1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

722, HELP please

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by inazsully, Feb 16, 2009.

1. inazsully

inazsully Icon

Oct 3, 2006
    Turned on my 722 this morning and nothing happened. I pushed the start button on the receiver and it started and the green light came on. 10 seconds later the green light went out and 20 seconds later the 722 shut down. I tried the same procedure after unplugging the 722 with the same results. Is it fried?

2. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Does not sound good. One test you can do is disconnect your leads to OTA and Sat and see if it will start up.

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    It also might be worth cycling power to your power inserter too, while you are disconnecting everything anyway... to let the LNB/switches get reset as well.

4. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    You know, that's a suggestion that most of us don't even consider. It is an integral part of the system and shouldn't be overlooked. Good point.

5. inazsully

inazsully Icon

Oct 3, 2006
    Ok, now this is strange. Because I could not watch Dish I watched a DVD. When finished I switched back to the DVR and it came on instantly. Could a software download have been taking place? I know with "D" you can look at the date of the latest download but I do not see that information with Dish.