1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

722 Network Setup Issues

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by 99guy, Jul 7, 2010.

1. 99guy

99guy New Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Newbie to dish ..... 722 installed 2 days ago. Been C-band for years .....

My home network, internet link goes like this.

Verizon Cell tethered to desktop (always on) with ICS turned on > desktop has wireless link to house router (Cisco-Linksys E1000) dchp on> router port hardwired to 722.

The 722 sees the router fine, picks up a proper ip # but of course the 722 wants to set it's DNS to the router ip when it needs to be set to the ip of the desktop with ICS (Internet Connection Sharing).

Everything else here, laptops, etc work fine this way, we just manually config and of course just found out I can't do that with the 722.

Any ideas on a work around, perhaps something I could change on my router or ICS desktop config ???

TIA