1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

722 OTA input

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by PY_, Oct 21, 2008.

1. PY_

PY_ New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Greetings all. First time poster here. I have a question about the inputs on the 722. Is it possible to connect my Comcast basic cable to the OTA input so I can have more channels?

Comcast is forcing me to sign up for their basic cable to keep my internet cost the same price. I figured since I will have the signal coming into the house, I could some how use it to my advantage with the 722.

2. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg New Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Only if your cable signal is ATSC. Not likely, I believe.

3. EXTACAMO

EXTACAMO Godfather

Apr 6, 2007
    BTW :welcome_s Sorry unscrambled cable QAM is not supported. It would be a nice option IMHO.

4. PY_

PY_ New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Oh well, it was worth a shot to ask. Thank you both for your replies. I guess i will at least have basic cable TV in the garage when i need it.

5. jkane

jkane Icon

Oct 12, 2007
    Check out a different internet provider. Maybe DSL is in your future! ;)

TiVo can work with cable if you wanted it.

6. PY_

PY_ New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Yea i attempted to go the DSL route a while back with the only phone company that is available in my area but i went round and round with them just to get hooked up and ended up canceling my service before it was even established.