1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

722 question

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by mikeyv, Oct 8, 2008.

1. mikeyv

mikeyv Cool Member

May 25, 2008
    Can you hook up a HDTV receiver on to the coax that goes to tv2. I would like to have HD in my bedroom which is adjacent to my den and connected to the 722 as tv2. There is no way to get a separate coax into the bedroom. Thanks.

2. Tulsa1

Tulsa1 Godfather

Oct 15, 2003
    TV2 can only feed SD signals

3. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    You can but it will not be HD output. The TV2 output is SD only. All the outputs on the receiver are hot at the same time. So, if you don't care about watching different programs in the bedroom and in the den at the same time, you could run a component or HDMI cable to the bedroom TV. If you can't run any new cables you are stuck with SD or getting another HD receiver for the bedroom (which might require a new cable run as well, if you can't use th existing cable for the sat feed to the additional receiver).