1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

722 questions -500 ant - Mpls, Mn

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by hrtbreaker, Sep 3, 2009.

1. hrtbreaker

hrtbreaker Cool Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Greetings,

I am located in the Minneapolis, Mn area.
    I've been a Dish subscriber for about 9 years now.

I have an old 510 and 4900 receiver (owned) which I want to change into 722 models as I am looking for dual tv signals and DVR's.

I currently have the AEP package. I'm not sure that I want to add HD service right now but may be interested in the future.

Can I continue using my Dish 500 antenna (feed horn says "Digital LNB" and it has 2 horns where the coax cable can screw in)?

Does Minneapolis service require a new antenna, like the 1000.2 or 1000.4?

Does Dish have any promotions for long subscribers where I can get 2 discounted 722 receivers? Should I be looking for a 722 or a 722K?

Thanks for any & all assistance!

2. fryguy503

fryguy503 Legend

Sep 3, 2009
    Technically Mpls, MN. is an Eastern Arc city, so you will either need a wing dish to stick with Weastern Arc if you are currently using 119/1190 or idealy switch to a 1k4 EA setup, single dish.

As for the rcvr, I suggest seeing if you can do a Best Customer Dish'n It Up. Depending on your acct you may have to pay or get one for free. Now remember Each 722 will control 1HD and 1 SD tv.

3. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Are you adding 2 more TVs, or are you running two off each of those receivers?

If you only have two total TVs, I'd say get a pair of vip612s. That's cheaper than two 722s.

4. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    Sounds like a legacy Twin that maxes out at 2 tuners which you already have. The 1000.2 and 1000.4 dishes (either will work as Mpls locals are on both 61.5° and 110°) both have outputs for up to 3 dual-tuner receivers. The advantage of the EA 1k.4 is that all channels are in MPEG-4 which means SD recording will consume less space than their WA counterparts. Dish includes the dish upgrade if needed as part of the installation.