1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

722 reset in middle of playback

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by jlluck, Mar 23, 2009.

1. jlluck

jlluck AllStar

Oct 18, 2007
    Interesting thing happened while watching a recording last night.
    I have a New Episode timer set to record The Simpsons and extend the recording 90 minutes to catch all the shows afterwords. The playback was going normal until the fourth show, American Dad. With 10 minutes left in the show (and recording) the image froze, went blank and the 722 reset itself. I started the playback again (hit resume) and it resumed at just past the half way point, then I FF thru the blank part and found the rest of the show. I was able to watch it from that point to finish.

Is there a log that I can look at to see if the hard drive had an issue? Or will something like this happen when signal is suddenly lost?

Just for the heck of it, I RW the recording and tried to play it thru the blank part again and it reset the receiver like before.

2. et121212

et121212 Cool Member

Feb 8, 2009
    I had this problem once. It was an OTA channel and we got some warning that the signal was lost prior to this problem.

3. jlluck

jlluck AllStar

Oct 18, 2007
    I was recording off sat and no "pop-up" or warning of any kind. I've seen those "signal loss" warnings from OTA recordingss. Screen just went blank and a moment later box resets. Weird, really weird.
    thanks