1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

722 single mode question

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by jdramsey, Jul 4, 2008.

1. jdramsey

jdramsey New Member

Jul 3, 2008
    I'm new to Dish Network after being with DirecTV for about 10 years. My wife was used to how the DirecTivo receiver worked in that she could swap between the tuners and effectively watch 2 shows. Is this possible with the 722? I know you can't do it in dual mode since the second tuner is controlled by the other remote.

We are hooked up using HDMI so I don't want to have to change inputs do get what she wants. I've noticed that you can use PIP and see the second tuner so maybe there's a way to get what she wants there?

2. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    You can use the Swap key on the remote without using PIP. Just press Swap to see the other tuner.

3. jdramsey

jdramsey New Member

Jul 3, 2008
    I don't know why I didn't think of that. THANKS!