1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

722k Hard Drive Failure

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Jim148, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Jim148

Jim148 Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    Several times recently my 722k has been slow to power up after being powered down. One of the times I received a message about hard drive failure. Last night, similarly, it was slow to power up and all of the recent recordings were gone. Should I replace it now or will DISH make be wait until it gets worse?

2. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]Jim148,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]I know this can be frustrating and I am happy to help you. Would you PM me with the phone number on the account?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=medium]Thanks[/SIZE]

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Why are you powering it down?

Its goose is almost certainly cooked so you need to jump on Mike.H's offer of help.

4. jtomas76

jtomas76 New Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Wisconsin
    Hello there,

Also ran into the same issue. My 722 had rebooted twice on it's own the past few weeks. Then comes this past Sunday right before the (name of game not inserted to avoid being sued by the NFL). Had some friends over for the game and at 5:27 the receiver reboots and when it comes back on I get a message stating that there is a hard drive error and all my recordings (35+ hours worth) have been deleted. But it's ok because my timers are saved. Yes, sarcasm ;) Same message last night when I went to turn it on just to check it out.

Is there anything DISH has done for their customers in this instance? I purposely didn't call Sunday night due to frustration. I'm in need of a new 722 and preferably a credit or premium channel for a time or something. I understand that technology fails, it's more the fact that all my recordings are gone.

Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks!

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    that would be an advantage to own a DVR - you could proactively replace falling drive and copy its content (as-is) to new drive

6. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    ASAP copy the programs to an EHD then get the receiver replaced.

If that drive totally fails on your, you'll lose al the recordings on it - copy them off ASAP.

7. jtomas76

jtomas76 New Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Wisconsin
    The problem lies in the fact that my recordings are already gone. Definitely will be getting an EHD for next time. This was not an awesome experience.

Appreciate the responses!

8. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011