1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

722K - List every movie coming on for the next week?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by rmcelwee, Aug 23, 2009.

1. rmcelwee

rmcelwee Cool Member

Aug 1, 2006
    I just swapped from a Cable/Tivo to Dish/722K. I like keeping a collection of my favorite movies so every week or so I would pick up the Tivo remote, get an alphebetical list of all movies coming on in the next 10 days, and select the ones I wanted to record. I've only had the 722K for a week but I have not figured out how to do this. Is it possible?

Again, I am wanting to get a list of all 200 movies coming on in the next 7 days (or however long the guide lasts on a 722K). The list should allow me to select the ones I want to record. Thanks!

2. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg Active Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Sure. Select '#' or 'Search' on whatever you are currently viewing. Select, 'Clear Entry.' Select 'Movies.' And finally select a filter if desired, followed by 'Done.'

I just did this and it returned 15,845 movies - not "all 200 movies" that you hoped for. :grin:

3. rmcelwee

rmcelwee Cool Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Thanks!

The 200 movies is hopefully what I will find when I only search in my "movies" group (HBO, Starz, etc). I'm not really interested in taping a bunch of movies with commercials in them. Anyway, wish me luck!

4. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    You might also want to use the Remote Web Interface. I believe that does a much better job for scanning things like what Movies are on later. This of course assume your DVR is connected to the Internet. If not.. Then Search would be your friend.

5. rmcelwee

rmcelwee Cool Member

Aug 1, 2006
    OK, I'm (Dish Network) definitely striking out. Yes, I can get it to list 16,000 movies. This includes movies with commercials, movies on PPV, HD movies, and many other ones that I am not interested in even though I was currently in the "movies" category I created on the guide (HBO, Starz, etc). I tried doing it via the web but it was more of the same. I can tell it which channels I like but it is still grabbing the wrong movies (only listed 83 of them that time - definitely wrong but I am not sure what it was leaving out).

Also, doing it via SEARCH on the 722k was giving me listings for "The Good", "The Bourne", etc. No idea what movies those were. The lists were also limited to 5 per page. Tivo was much more user friendly when trying to do these searches.

Anyone have a viable solution?

6. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg Active Member

Aug 30, 2004
    I told you the solution. I agree it is not 'viable.' :(

7. rmcelwee

rmcelwee Cool Member

Aug 1, 2006
    What I am doing now is:
    1) Boot up my Tivo that is no longer connected to cable/dish.
    2) Tell Tivo that only movie channels exist (HBO, Cinemax, etc)
    3) Tell it to display an alphabetical list of every movie that is coming on in the next 10 days.
    4) Writing down the list of movies that I want to record.
    5) Logging on to "remote access" on the web and telling it my preferences are only the movie channels.
    6) Typing in the name of each movie on the list and telling my VIP722K to record those movies.

I've only done this once and remote access is telling me that I have some conflicts but other than that I think this work-around is going to work fine. It is a PITA compared to just using the Tivo but I will see how it goes.

8. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg Active Member

Aug 30, 2004
    As I am sure you know, the offerings on those channels almost always are repeated. It is highly likely that the 622 will find an alternate time slot to make the recording.

Glad you found a better solution to your need.

9. bigshew

bigshew Legend

Feb 26, 2007
    Dish Remote Access might be more like what you want to do to find movies. For example, you can use the Network Filter to list all HBO programs for next 8 days. The list will be in chrono order without duplicates. When you click on a title the next screen gives you a drop-down menu with available times. Choose a date/time and click Record and your DVR event will be programmed for you. (your 622/722 needs to be internet connected). This is probably the fastest way to see what movies are upcoming and schedule recordings.

10. Chevy1965

Chevy1965 Cool Member

Apr 25, 2008
    I search for all movies with the word "Premiere" in the description. That way I only get what is new each week and it is a much shorter list. You still get a lot of duplicates, but it is manageable.