1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

722k Programming not authorized and error codes

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Snydley, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Snydley

Snydley AllStar

Mar 30, 2007
    I just switched my service back from Hopper/Joeys to my own, old 722k and a 622. The 622, it turns out was bad and had to be replaced with a new 722k. I'm also having problems with my original 772k. 90% of the time I'll turn the TV on, press select. and get an error 12-11-12 or 11-12-11, and a notice to unplug the receiver and plug it back in. 95% of the time that changes nothing. Other times I'll change a channel, to a channel that is in my "service plan" and it tells me "Programming not Authorized". I've called Dish and they tell me everything is authorized on both receivers. When I try these channels on the new 722k, everything works great. Seems like the old 772k might be "on the way out" too. Is there any way to possibly format the internal hard drive, to see if it will straighten out, or should I just call for a replacement? I'd rather try everything possible before calling them for yet another receiver. I'd appreciate any help offered!
    Thanks,
    Snyde

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Replacing the hard drive isn't going to address an authorization issue. That function lies within the smart card (or the built-in equivalent).

If you have a smart card, you might try unplugging and replugging it.

3. Snydley

Snydley AllStar

Mar 30, 2007
    Turns out the receiver was "bad". The tech came out and replaced it with another 722k.
    Thanks for the reply
    Snyde