1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

722k reboots when trying to archive programs to EHD

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Sunder, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Sunder

Sunder New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    I have a 722k with an EHD, a WD Elements 2TB. When I try sending programs to the EHD, the receiver reboots. I can access the EHD, view programs on the EHD, even restore programs from the external to the receiver. However, sending programs to the EHD is a no go.

I called tech support, and was told that, "This is an unusual problem, and it has been submitted to the engineering department." I was then told to have a nice day, and that was it, lol.

I have tried 2 other EHD, different USB Cables. I have tried the front USB Slot, the power cord pull... all with the same result. I am out of ideas, any help would be appreciated.

2. Grandude

Grandude RichardParker II

Oct 21, 2004
    After that, I guess I would try to watch everything on the internal drive and ask Dish to replace the unit as 'defective'.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Try restore setting to default from menu

4. Sunder

Sunder New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    I have been thinking the same, thanks. I was hoping to save some of those recordings, oh well.

5. Sunder

Sunder New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Will this reformat the internal HD?

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Nope.

7. Sunder

Sunder New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Thank-you, I'll give it a shot.

8. Bemmy

Bemmy New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Bringing up old thread to see if OP had any luck as I used same steps.
    Same problem here with a 722 rebooting only when sending to device.
    Three EHDs, Iomega Prestige 500GB, 250GB and a WD MyBook 640GB.
    The Iomega worked once to Transfer/Restore, rebooted during 'Send'.

Never tried before the latest L725 software as it's drive now near full.
    No problems with DVR recordings so I know 3 Year old drive still good.