1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

722k timer 1 minutes before and 3 minutes after not working

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Simmeltron, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Simmeltron

Simmeltron New Member

Jun 23, 2011
    For some reason, when I try to modify a timer to start the recording 1 minutes before and/or 3 minutes late, it simply will not do it. In order to get the show to start early and/or end late I have to set it to a minimum of 2 minutes early and 5 minutes late.

If you look at the actual options screen it will say 1 minute early and 3 minutes late, but the schedule for it still says it will start recording right when the Guide has it to start and right when the Guide says it will end.

I have called dish CS several times and they have no answers for me.... Has anybody else experienced this?? :confused:

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Have you actually observed when the timer starts and stops?

In my 922 daily schedule I notice that the schedule doesn't always reflect the start/end times completely accurately.

The most important thing is... does the timer actually fire early when supposed to and continue recording late?

3. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Also, on those occassions whe it starts/stops exactly at the time of the shoe, was there something recording previously? I've noticed that if two shows are recording, the timer won't fire until one of them is done. I often have to start a different recording to watch next week's previews (shows on th ssame channel of course)

4. Orion9

Orion9 Legend

Jan 31, 2011
    As far as I know, 1 minute early and 3 minutes late are "soft" pads that only happen if they create no conflicts. If you want guaranteed padding, you use larger numbers.

5. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    Not exactly true. The default 1/3 allow the unit to record back to back shows on the same channel without using another receiver. I've had back to back to back shows with these defaults and the record time is exactly 60 minutes.