1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

722k TV 2 Content Via HDMI

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Jim148, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Jim148

Jim148 Godfather

Jun 22, 2004
    We have a 722k and our main set is connected to the receiver via an HDMI cable. Is it possible to select TV 2 content and get it through the HDMI cable or do I need to get it via the F connector or composite/component cables?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    yes, if you'll buy a component-to-HDMI converter (eBay it), but it will works as a copy of TV1 HDMI output;

TV2 output possibly could be taken by buying Sling Adapter($30) and Sling Catcher ($??) with HDMI output using your home network

or call CSR and ask for upgrade to Hipper/Joye pair

3. shadough

shadough Icon

Dec 31, 2006
    i think what hes asking is if tv 2 can b seen in hd an the answer isno. tv 2 is sd only an can only b seen on the outputs labeled tv2 (rca analog video an coax). the hdmi ouput will only deliver signal from tv1.

4. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    I think you are correct.
    BTW-I have a 722k connected to a spare bedroom in the usual fashion, and using the YPbPr for a HD connection to the living room. Then I ran a long HDMI cable to another bedroom (and it shows whatever is being watched in the living room on the TV1 output)

5. Grandude

Grandude RichardParker II

Oct 21, 2004
    I have a similar setup and was wondering how long an HDMI cable you used?
    Mine is 25ft if I recall correctly.

6. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    I think mine is 40'. I ran it through a heat duct to keep from have having to drill anymore holes thru the floors/walls

7. MrDave

MrDave Cool Member

Jun 26, 2010
    I have a pair of 622s and split the HDMI signal from each unit 4 ways using powered HDMI 4-way splitters. I then distribute those signals to 4 HDTVs scattered thruout the house (a total of 8 HDMI cables from 8 to 50 ft each). I've had no problems at all with any of the cables including the 50 footers. The splitters and cables were all purchased from Monoprice.com a few years back.

8. Grandude

Oct 21, 2004
    I tried to split, using Monoprice powered splitters with no luck. Setup was a two way splitter at the 722 source, with one short line going to the 52inch flatpanel and the other going via a 25foot cable to my computer area and then split again to both of my PCs. Just couldn't get it to work reliably so gave up and modified a mechanical switch at the PC end to feed one or the other PCs.

Maybe I'll try again but I think the two splitter setup will probably be a no-go.

9. Grandude

Oct 21, 2004
    And I thought I was pushing it with a 25footer....:sure:

10. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Pretty much anything that is available to TV2 is available to TV1.

If you're looking for to get two different HD programs out of a ViP722K, the practical answer is that it is Hopper Time.

The ViP622, ViP722, ViP722K and ViP922 can only pump out one HD signal at at time (short of experimenting with a Sling session on a ViP722 or higher).

The agile modulator isn't equipped to do HD.

11. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    I was told it wouldn't work... but I figured I would return the cable if it didn't. Right now, a 25' cable would've been the right length-but I thought I might want longer in the future

12. shadough

shadough Icon

Dec 31, 2006
    My hdmi is a 50 footer, but I ran an hdmi and component between my MBR and REC rooms, that way I can connect both recievers from both locations to both TVs. I ran my wiring thru a chase, did hafta cut 1 small hole, which I covered w/ a double gang blank plate. 3 Coax an 1 cat5 for the component A/V, and 1 hdmi which IS a "Monster" cable. I wanted the quality. Depending on your TV, the cheap stuff is sometimes not reliable. Not all TVs are created equal, an some are more sensitve than others to cheap cable. You may get better mileage though, who knows.

13. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Over paying for the name "Monster" does not guarantee quality, only a smaller checkbook.