1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

771 on Tuner 2 on some channels

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by DougWare, Aug 25, 2008.

1. DougWare

DougWare Mentor

Apr 21, 2008
    I'm still seeing the 771 message on tuner 2 on some channels (my local HD channel 5, WRAL) for example. I'm trying to trace the problem down myself.

From my understanding, the MPEG-4 channels require a BBC. I have nearly the same signal strengths between my two tuners, and the one that's lower is actually tuner 1. I'm leaning towards a bad BBC.

Can someone point me to a list of channels that would require a BBC so I can rule this out, or suggest a troubleshooting method for this?

Thanks...

2. turey22

turey22 Hall Of Fame

Jul 30, 2007
    channel that require a BBC are going to be your high-def like, cnn (202), weather channel (362), fx (dont know the channel numebr), and more high-def channel. dont look at the ones in the 70 those dont require the BBC and are still coming off a different sat, i think.

3. K4SMX

K4SMX Hall Of Fame

May 19, 2007
    The channels that require a BBC are on this listing of channels carried on the DirecTV10 and DirecTV11 satellites.