1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

771A Code and new installation problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by COOPDOG373, Nov 25, 2012.

1. COOPDOG373

COOPDOG373 New Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Folks
    I recently had to set up one of my receiver at a location in my backyard and I am receiving the below error code. Any thoughts to my setup or why we are seeing the error code would be appreciated?

Dish: Direct TV Slimeline
    SWiM
    LNB5

I have 100 feet of new RCA coax RG6 from the LNB5 directly to the to the receiver (below)

Receiver:
    Model: H24-700

I keep getting the 771A code and I am curious if I am missing an additional power supply as I pulled this receiver out of my bedroom to mount in my working ship and the dish came from a friend.

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
  3. COOPDOG373

COOPDOG373 New Member

Nov 25, 2012
    thanks for the help..that was fast

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    You are welcome.
    I sit most of the time with a laptop in my lap and troll a couple of forums for fun and to learn and once in awhile help someone out.