1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

772 2nd receiver getting 4:3

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by distinctdev, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. distinctdev

distinctdev New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    The 2nd receiver seems to be outputting a 4:3 signal to out other tv. the tv is a 16:9 LG 720p tv. even when displaying HD channels the signal is 4:3... you can tell this because when you switch into guide the guide displays 4:3 and not 16:9... the station your watching is 16x9 in a 4x3 box if you get what im saying... if i change my tv's settins to get rid of the side bars the 16x9 fills the screen but if i then hit guide im missing the top and bottom. any ideas?

this is only happening on the 2nd tv

2. JohnL

JohnL Icon

Apr 1, 2002
    Distinctdev,

You can not have any other Aspect Ratio other than 4:3 on the output for TV#2.

John

3. distinctdev

distinctdev New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    :eek2: ouch.... any firmware updates planned to change/fix this in the future or should i expect to deal with this forever. are there any other alternatives to the 772 that would give the 2nd tv 16x9?

4. GrayCalx

GrayCalx Cool Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Thats how the 622/722 is set up to work. The tv-1 out is a HD signal, in whatever resolution you set it to be, and in 16:9. Tv-2 out is a standard def signal. 4:3 and what, 480i.

If you wanted to run a 2nd HD tv off of the same receiver you'd have to split the signal from the tv-1 out and send it to both tvs. Tv2 would then have to watch whatever tv1 was watching.

As far as I know there are no plans for a receiver that supports 2 hd tvs independently.

5. distinctdev

distinctdev New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    ok what if i wanted to add another receiver to the room with the 2nd tv, would i have to change my plan with dish network or get any other hardware besides a new receiver?

6. JohnL

JohnL Icon

Apr 1, 2002
    Distinctdev,

You can add an additional receiver for another $6.00 per month, if you wanted another HD DVR you might have to pay another DVR fee, unless you have the DVR advantage plan, or have the AEP package there is no DVR fee for any DVR's on your account.

If you add the 211 you will have a HD receiver without DVR features and no DVR fee.

If you add an additional receiver, you MIGHT have to add other equipment like a Dish Pro Plus switch, the answer depends on what Dish and installation you have now, as well as if you want a HD DVR or just a HD receiver.

Depending on how long you have been a subscriber and what equipment you now have as well as what programing you have, Dish might have a discounted upgrade path for you. Whatever equipment you decide to upgrade too, the increased programing costs are only for the Extra receiver and DVR fee if the fee applies (depending on your Programing package, or if you have the DVR advantage promotion).

John

7. alangant

alangant Cool Member

Jul 25, 2005
    If you are willing to watch the same programming on both HD TVs, you can output HDMI to one and Component to the other, if they have those inputs. Both will be in HD and widescreen, if the source is.

8. phobos512

phobos512 Mentor

Nov 20, 2007
    Or just use an HDMI splitter such as you'd find at Monoprice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.