1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7S Locals Rollout: Thursday's Final Batch (June 24)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by markp, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markp

markp AllStar

Mar 4, 2004
    Good to go for Thursday :biggthump

DIRECTV Launches Local Channels in 10 Previously Announced Markets; Fourth Group of Markets to Receive Local News, Weather and Sports Programming via DIRECTV June 24

Continuing its rollout of local channel markets following the successful launch last month of the DIRECTV 7S satellite, DIRECTV, Inc., provider of the nation's leading digital multichannel television service, announced today that it will begin offering local broadcast channel service to 10 previously announced designated market areas (DMAs) tomorrow. The addition of these new markets, and the 32 markets launched over the past three weeks, will bring the number of markets served with local channels by DIRECTV to 106, representing more than 85 percent of U.S. television households.

WHERE: The 10 new DIRECTV local channel markets are:

-- Charleston-Huntington, W. Va.
    -- Corpus Christi, Texas
    -- El Paso, Texas
    -- Fresno-Visalia, Calif.
    -- Lansing, Mich.
    -- Medford-Klamath Falls, Ore.
    -- Rochester, N.Y.
    -- Springfield-Holyoke, Mass.
    -- Topeka, Kan.
    -- Yakima-Pasco-Richland-Kennewick, Wash.

WHEN: Thursday, June 24, 2004

http://tinyurl.com/2l4k8

2. timmy1376

timmy1376 AllStar

Aug 3, 2003
    It will be interesting to see if Directv does anything when they are done rolling out locals as far as WB and UPN affiliates go for these smaller markets that do not have them.

3. qwas12

qwas12 AllStar

May 31, 2004
    It stinks that D* dont give rochester,ny upn cuz its over the air-- and it stinks even more that time warner owns our WB.

4. Rick P

Rick P AllStar

Jun 29, 2002
    Same situation here in ELP, no OTA UPN/WB, a 'cherry picked' Cable UPN station (runs Dutche Welle during the day) PLUS the Cable brings in KTLA.

D* could add a UPN/WB to ANY (underscore) ANY market where there is not OTA WB/UPN RIGHT NOW (like cable has KTLA, so that one must be cleared right?) by using any of the Superstations as a 'fill in' (how many areas did E* have to kill one of them from because of Syndex? 2?) but they are too stubborn/stupid I suppose.

They are also (apparently, but ICBW) NOT going to be uplinking the Las Cruces, NM PBS station (which IS in the ELP DMA) as TWC has here (and is actually the superior PBS station compared to ELP) either (other areas get multiple PBS's but not here).

Time-Warner has the ad campaign ready to beat their brains out (want to see SMACKDOWN? ENTERPRISE? your other favorite WB/UPN programs? Not on DirecTV.. only on Time-Warner cable)...

pathetic..

5. qwas12

qwas12 AllStar

May 31, 2004
    What I mean for our UPN is we do have an OTA feed but they are'nt giving it to us-- and for WB time warner owns that-so i will never see that again--the main sho i miss on wb is MUARY-- dam i miss thos show about freaks of nature!

6. Rick P

Rick P AllStar

Jun 29, 2002
    Time Warner can't 'own' the OTA/Sat rights since they are not a 'broadcast' station. They either have the WB National Station (syndex cleared) or must be importing a superstation.

Either way, D* could add a WB/UPN now if they wanted.

7. dfergie

dfergie Hall Of Fame

Feb 27, 2003
    I live closer to El Paso than Alb. but am in Alb. dma, would love to have the El Paso channels... our abc used to be owned by kvia and our nbc at one time was from lubbock(wish they still were). I have not checked out the alb. locals yet as I get them from E*

8. lakers1

lakers1 Cool Member

Jun 21, 2004
    WHAT TIME SHOULD I EXPECT MY LOCALS TO COME ON

9. brykc14

brykc14 Legend

Jun 14, 2004
    Ive saw that in past weeks its been between 3a and 5a. Im ready for a all nighter until mine (Charleston-Huntington, W. Va) come on. Ill post as soon as they are up.

10. Richard

Richard Legend

Apr 23, 2002
    South Texas
    DirecTV has uploaded the updated (and missing) .pdf files for the markets that will launch on Thursday. If you want to see what channels will be available, click on one of the links below to view a .pdf file that contains a list of the channels.

24 June 2004 (10 cities)

11. brykc14

brykc14 Legend

Jun 14, 2004
    Well the PDF file is up for Charleston-Huntington I sure hope its wrong. Doesnt list WOWK 13 (CBS) or WHCP 30 (WB)

12. qwas12

qwas12 AllStar

May 31, 2004
    Buts its called WB rochester16-- and its not OTA, its only on cable and our upn is a rochester feed too its on cable and OTA so D* should be able to give us upn.

13. qwas12

qwas12 AllStar

May 31, 2004
    Still nothing yet in Rochester,NY

14. brykc14

brykc14 Legend

Jun 14, 2004
    Nothing here for Charleston-Huntington, W. Va.

15. markp

markp AllStar

Mar 4, 2004
    Rochester NY locals are now live as of 6:07 AM EST. I can confirm they are all located on transponder 31.

16. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    DirecTV has lied to us customers in the Charleston-Huntington market.

It does not have a contract in place with either WOWK (CBS) or WHCP (joint WB-UPN) affiliate).

I suspected as much when the PDF files started appearing. The ones that were withheld were the ones where they did not want to admit their dishonesty until the final day.

17. brykc14

brykc14 Legend

Jun 14, 2004
    How did you confirm this. Ive been hoping the PDF was wrong. Been waiting for the channels to appear. Still nothing here at 6:20 A

18. qwas12

qwas12 AllStar

May 31, 2004
    I still got nothing in rochester mark

19. justice2

justice2 Cool Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Up and running at 6:20 3,8,11,13,33

20. brykc14

brykc14 Legend

Jun 14, 2004
    Which TP are they on