1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

811 Callback Today, Anyone Else?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by rmr76, Feb 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmr76

rmr76 Cool Member

Jan 22, 2004
    Dish called me today (I was on the waiting list as of 1/16) and said 811's are now available. I was scheduled for 3/7, and it cost me $199. The guy was actually pretty polite, and even explained why they must send out an installer instead of sending me the box. He claimed Dish doesn't want to be sending a bunch of these $400+ receivers through the mail, fearing they would be stolen since they are in short supply. I don't know if that is true or not, but at least he was up front about it. Here's to hoping they hold to my 3/7 date and that a new version of software is out soon.

2. junki

junki Godfather

Feb 19, 2004
    True, they are now starting to fill orders and want them to be installed by tech's to insur that they are working correctly.
    Check out this thread........http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=24079

3. Jerry G

Jerry G Icon

Jul 12, 2003
    Another reason is that Dish wants to make sure they are authorized at the time of install. When mine was delivered, the installer had to call it in and get it added to my account.

4. Frostilicus

Frostilicus Cool Member

Aug 22, 2003
    My Sister got a call on Friday. She had been on a waiting list since before Christmas. They gave her the deal. Free 811 Free 301 and Free install with one year committed. She's pretty geeked, even after I related my troubles with the 811.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.