1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by BennyGregg, Oct 26, 2009.

1. BennyGregg

BennyGregg Legend

Jul 17, 2009
    I've gotten three or four calls from this number in the last several days. The first time, I answered the phone; the caller said she represented DirecTV and wanted to reward me for being a good customer; she had some sort of deal on premium services, which i was not interested in. I politely told her that, and hung up. In spite of my expressed non-interest in the reward, that number keeps calling.

Has anyone else gotten calls from DirecTV from this number? Any ideas on how to get the calls to stop?

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
  3. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Most likely its a telemarketing service company that is hired by companies to do their calling. Call DirecTV and ask to be removed from the contact list. It is not a violation of do not call registry because you have a business relationship with DirecTV.

4. David MacLeod

David MacLeod New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    used to get a bunch from this #, placed a block on it and never looked back :)

5. BennyGregg

BennyGregg Legend

Jul 17, 2009
    I understand that DirecTV has the legal right to call since I am a customer. However, I am disappointed that DirecTV has any relationship with a company that calls repetitively after being told firmly but politely "No, Thanks". This is despicable harassment which makes me question DirecTV's ethics.

6. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Should they call again, you might try getting the company name and send a note to the Office of the President of DIRECTV that you are being harassed by this company. And that they are not honoring requests to remove you from the call list.

Good luck,
    Tom

7. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    According to comments listed here the company who had the number Hi-Tech Accounting claim this number has been disconnected 4 months ago. The current calls look like they are coming from somebody spoofing Caller ID.

8. BennyGregg

BennyGregg Legend

Jul 17, 2009
    It may be that the callers have no connection whatever with DirecTV; they may just be fishing for personal information.

I've sent a complaint to DirecTV. I don't expect a meaningful response from them, but if their answer contains actual information I will post it here.

9. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Actually that is a valid number from DirecTV. It's the number they have been using to push their Premium Package/Sunday Ticket deal and for some offers in the past as well. A few years ago, I was offered two free PPV's a month for a year in return for a one year commitment. Never gave my info out and sure enough in a weeks time I had coupons from DirecTV.

As for the Do Not Call Registry, yes, they can call you since they have a relationship with you. However, you can request to be put on their Do Not Call list, which they have to honor. By just refusing their offer, you are not telling them to not call back. You have to explicitly tell them not to call anymore.

- Merg

10. BennyGregg

BennyGregg Legend

Jul 17, 2009
    The response to my complaint is good customer service:

"Thank you for writing. I will be happy to assist you with your request. I apologize that you have been receiving unwanted calls. As you have requested, we are processing your request to be removed from our outbound call promotional list. Please be aware that it may take up to two weeks to process, so you may receive another outbound call before your request is fully processed."

11. joelstad

joelstad Cool Member

Apr 12, 2007
    I just called the number and got a disconnect error from my local switch. It appears the number is no longer in service.

--Joel

12. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    It's a call out number only. You cannot call the number to reach DirecTV.

- Merg

13. xmetalx

xmetalx Godfather

Jun 3, 2009
    to the OP: Call D* and ask to be removed from their privacy/contact list for outbound calls.. if the agent isn't sure how to do that, ask for a supervisor. It is a very simple procedure and from then on, you will ONLY recieve calls from D* about your bill, or confirming appointment dates/etc. D* legally has to abide by your request not to be called about sales pitches/telemarketing once you ask to be removed from it. Good luck!

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see that OP got his issue fixed, but figured I'd still state the above for anyone else's info :)

14. joelstad

joelstad Cool Member

Apr 12, 2007
    Bologna.

--Joel

15. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Not sure why you'd say that. Many telemarketing groups use numbers like that. Since they are not actually DirecTV, they don't need people calling them. If you have an issue, you need to call DirecTV directly.

- Merg